Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27  (Read 64985 times)

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27
« Reply #405 on: October 10, 2016, 20:36:07 pm »
SM sounds like our day yesterday, and our night wasn't any worse than any other, did you do BT abit earlier?

M woke after 5 and I managed to resettle him he woke at 6:30am in a grumpy mood, do you see a pattern emerging here?  ::) he was asleep by 11:20, woke at 40 mins resettled himself then woke at the next sleep cycle I fed him back to sleep and he woke at 1:40, I think he was ready for bed at 6, but I got distracted, he was asleep by 6:40 and we had NW at 8:40 and 9:20 does not bode well so I will be going to sleep shortly in preparation! Hope you all have/had a good night

Offline labrodyk

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #406 on: October 11, 2016, 00:33:09 am »
Hi mummas! Things seem to be so tough for us all.

So we've had two good morning naps around 10.15 for an hour 20 minutes but 1 day the second nap was refused and yesterday I apoped in my arms. Nights are okay but I think AJ wakes a lot earlier than I think she does.

Why is she so miserable!? Not eating much but will not leave me and is just crying constantly :( I've given pain meds but no luck.

I'm so over it all.

Aimed for the same morning today and shes done 50 minutes and now just rolling around.

Wu: ?
Nap 1: 10.12; 10.20-11.10. Dozed until 11.30
Nap 2: 2.30; 2.50-4.20 I woke her
BT: 6.35; asleep 7.20
All day she did not stop screaming,  crying and clinging to me for dear life. I did my best to read cues but she was a mess.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:55:26 am by labrodyk »

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #407 on: October 11, 2016, 14:15:20 pm »
Finally got a decent nap!
Wu 6 30
S 12.45 to 2.45
Bt??? Help!
Gemma

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2016, 20:35:58 pm »
What time did you end up doing BT choc?

Well we got 2 x 30 min naps today both of which were in his cot and he fought me on both, he's been unhappy again most of the day and is only happy if he's attached to me it's exhausting! Is there a Sleep regression around now? He was asleep for 6:30 and will no doubt be up shouting early tomorrow, it's starting to really frustrate my DH he's tired and has to travel during the day for work, this child has never slept through the night until 6am since he was born  :'(

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #409 on: October 13, 2016, 06:21:17 am »
Ended up with a 7.20 Bt and then 6am Wu. He did the same nap again yesterday and I did 7pm Bt and got brief cry at 5am then 6. 45 Wu.
Gemma

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2016, 11:14:05 am »
Are things improving Choc!?

We ended up with a nap from 10.37-12.12/20 and then refused second nap when I PD at 4pm so got her up at 4.40.
BT: 6.00; asleep 6.10pm.

I have no idea how to read her anymore or what I'm doing.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #411 on: October 13, 2016, 13:04:21 pm »
I'm scared to say it but we had 2 days of 2 hour nap now and a wake up of 6am and second day a brief 10 min moan at 5am then 6.45 Wu. So it seems we are headed in right direction but things never stay the same so I am very apprehensive about how long it will last! Also clocks will change soon and that will mess it all up.

I see you are still battling on. I am glad i am doing a set nap, no way could I cope with reading cues and A times right now!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 19:55:18 pm by choc »
Gemma

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #412 on: October 13, 2016, 20:01:30 pm »
That gives me home choc! We are making a little progress with set naps, but are still trying to get it to fit with nursery pick up.

We're doing:

Wake up- whenever (!) anything between 5-7, sometimes later if she wakes early and goes back to sleep
Nap: 12.15(she usually sleeps 1.5-2hrs) I think she wants 12, I want 12.30, 12.15 is a compromise to give us +/- 15 mins wiggle room
BT: 7.15 to be asleep by 7.30 (or 7 if she's really tired)

Labrodyk- how is she doing with the 1 nap &  EBT. Can you AP a CN or try for a later 2nd nap e.g. 4.30/45 for 15-20 mins?

Johnnyha- my sympathies! I think there is a WW around 12mo- I. Think it's the start of birthday & half birthday leaps.  Maybe teeth too?
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #413 on: October 13, 2016, 20:50:10 pm »
Another 2hr nap today! I am so scared it will all come crashing down though!
SM we had the exact same issue with nursery pick up. I just had to jump to 12.30 nap straight away and stick to it. Now. We have had to push it on to 12.45 after 4 weeks because then nap was short and now we have had 2hrs for 3 days. I was assuming he was OT but turns out he was probably ut! 

Gemma

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #414 on: October 13, 2016, 22:57:34 pm »
Oh I really feel for you girls and fingers crossed your on your way to happier bubs and longer naps!

SM - She was okay last night after 1 nap and EBT but it was still 5.5/6hrs to bed. She didn't cry at BT but I think that's because we haven't had a 1 nap day in a while and she didn't have built up OT (if that makes sense). I think i'm so desperate to get that second nap that I'm trying too early. I could most definitely attempt the second a bit later at 4.30/4.45 but what would my BT end up looking like? PD at 7 or 7.30 if nap didn't end closer to 5? Unless exhausted she takes 30+ minutes to fall asleep so I've never known how long to keep her up.
I tried APOPing it but she won't fall asleep in the pram or the car. I've had some success with my arms but it can take considerable time to get her to fall asleep.

Our morning WU are just like yours SM, massive variation every single day and she's not loud so I wouldn't have a clue some days if she's woken at 5 but lay quietly sucking her thumb until 7.

This morning she was SO tired and cranky as anything, crying constantly. She wouldn't settle for morning nap until 10.47am then woke crying after 30 minutes but resettled until 12.12/20. She can't seem to do 1 nap back to back but I can't reliably get a second nap.
I PD at 4.30 for another nap and she took until 4.55 to fall asleep so we gave her 10 minutes. BT at 7.00 but she's SO unsettled and rolling around the cot, sucking her thumb and trying to fall asleep at 8pm.

I don't think the short PM nap is going to work unless it falls well before 4...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:59:41 am by labrodyk »

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #415 on: October 14, 2016, 16:50:17 pm »
So what time do I do BT? WU was 7 after being unsettled from 5, nap 11:10-12:20 then car nap 4:15-4:35? I have no idea what time do do BT haven't done a nap that late since the 3-2

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #416 on: October 14, 2016, 17:17:40 pm »
I would probably go for 7.30. I don't like Bt too late though!
Gemma

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #417 on: October 14, 2016, 19:03:02 pm »
Yeah 7.30 is my latest BT, even if we end up doing WI/WO for a while!

Labrodyk..it's so tricky isn't it, I think your options are either EBT or a long day with the PM CN.  OT seems inevitable with this transition.

I wish my DD was quiet when she woke..we were all up at 5.30 this morning thanks to her shouting. Then after me posting about doing set naps she fell asleep in the buggy at 9.10 today! Then still took a 2.5 hr afternoon nap! I think she was catch ing up from a busy wk.

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Johnnyha65

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #418 on: October 14, 2016, 21:10:11 pm »
He was asleep just after 7:30, started getting abit hyper when I was trying to read to DS2 so put him in his cot and left a lamp on, he complained for a few minutes then was fine.

We have a shouter here too as soon as he wakes up naps and night sleep, DH has taken to wearing earplugs and thankfully DS1 is so shattered from starting school he sleeps through it, me on the other hand I hear him cough and I'm awake, no monitor and he's in the room farthest away from us!

Offline ecwinters

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #419 on: October 16, 2016, 11:09:16 am »
Hello everyone...having been trying to transition for a month or so and playing around with various catnaps, I finally gave up and just went for it!  I figured that DS is 18 months and 'should' be able to manage.  So far, he's done OK and our days look like this:

WU: Currently between 5:30-6:15am
Nap: 11:45 cot time, usually asleep in 5 minutes.  He began by just doing 2 sleep cycles (1 hour 20-30 minutes), but lately has done some 2 hour naps.  Nights tend to be shorter when he does anything over 1.5 hours though and I've always woken him after 2 hours as I can't face even shorter nights!
Bedtime: in cot at 6:45pm.  Asleep by 7pm.

What does this look like please?  As we had a mega early bedtime before (and even earlier wake ups of about 4:30/5am) I had to push the nap and bedtime for a bit but we've been settled on this for a week now.  Ideally, I'd like a later wake up as I think he's happier when he does 11 hour nights.  I could cap his nap at 1.5 hours but am too scared of OT to do this!  He's pretty tired by nap time and will normally fetch his own sleeping bag for me!!! 

At least I feel I'm being consistent with timings now - I'm hoping a later wake up will follow :)

I just wish the clocks weren't changing here in 2 weeks time!  I'm going to have to push the whole thing out by an hour pretty soon, in 15 minute chunks.

Any routine advice/thoughts would be really appreciated.

Scottishmummy and Johnnyha65 - my baby is pretty noisy too when he wakes!  He tends to go through all the words he knows for about 20 minutes or so, which is OK ish - then will start with 'mama...mama?...mama!' - i.e. mummy get in here now!  Or, he'll sing to himself...

DH and I have a '1 night on, 1 night off' rota with the monitor at the moment, which is OK but means we need to sleep in separate rooms :(

At what age do people tend to turn off their baby monitors?!