Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27  (Read 64898 times)

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2015, 02:36:42 am »
Hi ginger. Welcome to BW:) it's lovely to have you on this thread with us. We can all use support during this transition. However, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to also have your post in the general sleep issues forum as more people would see it and be able to support /advise you. Would that be okay?

Offline ginger428

• Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2015, 02:49:38 am »
Hi! Thanks and sure! Do I do that? If so how?

Offline ginger428

« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2015, 13:18:03 pm »
Hi again! Thanks newkidontheblock for moving my post. No one has responded yet but I'm not sure what to do for my bubba who woke up at 5:30 this morning after a loooong night wake party from 12:30-3:00. Should I aim for 2 naps today? He would sleep almost 1.5 hours when I use am wake time of 4.5 hours. Should I shorten  naps once he will most likely fight or refuse the pm one? How do I prevent OT Since e for only 9 hrs last night? Should I do whatever possible, including nurse to sleep for his pm nap?

Sorry for all the questions!! Just getting anxious and don't know what to do.

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2015, 14:41:00 pm »
Hun. I'll just pop over to your other thread and see if I can help. Then will come back here:p

Offline athenasmom

• What ice cream ... I had no ice cream!!!
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2015, 17:53:43 pm »
OK DD is only 9 months old but has done consecutively two 1 nap days. She has slept both days longer for her midday nap than usually she sleeps for her 2 naps. Come to think of it ... when I look back it seems that her sleep has gone a bit wonky in the past couple weeks. First it started with BT struggle. Nothing huge but taking longer to go down and needing back rubs and a couple PU/PD. We have always done the long am nap and short pm nap approach but the last week or so her am nap which usually was about 2 hours long started to get shorter. Then we also had a few nights of NW's around 3 am. We also had constant EW's some even before 6 am. At the same time frame she also had a little cold and cut her first tooth so I really put it down to that. However, now I am not sure. Nothing is really wrong but her sleep overall is just off. Can she already be in the 2-1 switch zone? She seems to be slightly LSN, she always slept less than average. She is not very prone to OT and generally manages to catch up in a couple days if she needs to. These two days she managed 4.5 hours A times (jumped from about 3.75 just over the weekend) with no problem. She was not fussy or OT and went down at BT like a charm and STTN. She usually sleeps about 10.5 - 11 hour at night ... she has never done 12 hours except when she was 3 months for a couple weeks.  ;D These last two nights she has slept her usual 11 hours and then the one super long nap about 3-3.5 hours long. So her total sleep has been about 14 hours in a 24 hour period. That is her high as her average was somewhere around 13.5 before the shenanigans started.  ;D I could hold onto two naps if necessary by cutting down her 1st nap ... in fact that is exactly what I have done on Sunday. She did not go to sleep until about 11:20 (I put her down for her nap at 10:45) but then I woke her at 12:30 to make sure we get another nap in. She was OT in the afternoon and her 2nd nap was only 40 min long which she woke from crying. That is a sure sign of OT. Then we had our usual BT struggle. So I am not sure we would benefit from keeping the 2 naps.  :-\ I could use some advise please. DS changed to 1 nap at 11 months and I thought that was early ... this just worries me now.
*Suzanna*

Offline Mamawmiescie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2015, 18:06:50 pm »
Hello mummies;)

I am new here, but I am following methods Tracy for 9 months. I have 13 months old daughter and we had problems with sleep for half time her life;)) One was better one worse. Recently she used to woke up at 7.30 first nap at 10.30 second nap 2.30 and bedtime at 7.30 but now she her naps are mess. I thought it might be transition to one nap, becuase she refused to go to first nap, so I tried to put her to bed later about 30 minutes and so on,  but she fall asllep only about 12 and sleeps 1,5 h. In the afternoon there was no chance to put her to bed, but she vas very tired and crying  etc. I put her for bedtime about 6.30 pm, and it was ok. BUt for 3 days things are getting worse, she is very sleepy from 11 am but she refuses to sleep at 12, 12.30 we need to"fight" even if she fall asllep she sleep 1 hour and 15 min, and she does not want to play in the afternoon  because she is so tired, but can not sleep. What shoul I do? Thanks for advices!!!!
Marta

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2015, 18:42:47 pm »
Hi Marta! Nice to see you here:).
I would encourage you to open your own thread at Sleeping for Toddlers board so you could get some good advice. I guess here you can chat nicely with mammas whose children are going through the same but if there are no mammas with such a problem right now, it's always better to start your own thread.

As you are new here, I also encourage you to visit Birth Clubs, which are a general chatting threads divided by children's age. There are listed under EASY board.

And last but not least, if any help with translation needed please let me know.

Hope you will like this site!
~Marta

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2015, 16:09:32 pm »
Hi we are still here :) battling illness and molars but now getting pm nap refusal in bed, having to AP in the car to get a CN which is only feasible since DH is home for Easter hols.  Not sure what we'll do next week!!

Offline athenasmom

« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2015, 19:59:59 pm »
I had to APOP the CN on two days as well in the car.
*Suzanna*

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2015, 20:47:01 pm »
If that helps I still go for 2 naps if first was 30-40min and I also have to APOP:P.
~Marta

Offline ginger428

« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2015, 21:36:58 pm »
Can ya'll please help me with the 2-1 on my sleep thread? 11 month sleep help. Or should I stay here. Dunno. THANK YOU!!!

Suzanna, I don't know much but 9 months does seem early. But, my bub sounds like yours, and I wonder if I shouldve started this transition looong time ago. He seemed to quickly transition through all the nap phases.

Btw, APOP in car.. Not fun.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 23:41:31 pm by ginger428 »

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2015, 05:33:21 am »
Hi Ginger, just for clarification. This thread is more of a chat, sharing experience, moaning together:) so things exactly you are saying to Suzanne.
If you need specific advice, it's always better to start your own thread so nobody misses your shout for advice. However you can still stay here and talk with other mammas who have the same problem right now. With nap transitions the case is that sometimes nothing helps, you just have to ride it out. And that's when threads like this are great:). HTH
~Marta

Offline athenasmom

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2015, 13:13:57 pm »
Actually I APOP a CN if the nap was less than 2.5 hours. If it was at least 2.5 hours we just push through the day and do an EBT. I do not want to cap the 1st nap in order to get a 2nd nap in because she STTN on  1 nap days and seem to have an EW or an NW on 2 nap days.
*Suzanna*

Offline ginger428

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2015, 19:27:52 pm »
Gotcha, Martii thanks.
So I'm hating whatever this phase is. Bub doesn't take long naps (never has) , doesn't sleep more than 9-10.5 hours at night, and now is refusing am naps.  I wish I could get a good one or the other ... Like either a very good night or long naps, but both aren't so great. So frustrated.

Offline athenasmom

« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2015, 20:28:49 pm »
Ginger - what  times can your bub handle? Could you try for 1 nap? when do you try the 1st nap that he refuses?
*Suzanna*