Author Topic: 11 month old EW NW  (Read 1175 times)

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: July 27, 2014, 04:50:38 am »
LO was waking up at 5am in UK for ages and it took a while to get her to sleep until 6ish. ( I know that some would not consider this as early waking, but some refer to ew when their child sleeps till 6, I just cannot function before 6). We recently traveled to +1 time zone so I was thinking great she will be getting up at 7, but no, she quickly readjusted and wakes up again at 5 (it took 3 days). I do not know how to move her waking up time to 6 at least. I have tried putting her to bed 15 min later for few days but she just ended up OT. She also keeps waking up couple of times a night, but we are and will be traveling a lot so i take It will be happening. I can put up with night wakings if she could get up a bit later.
She will be 11 months soon and her routine is as follows:
5   WU
9   S
10 A
2   S
3   A
18:30 BT

She is EBF and never plays in her cot , always wakes up crying.

Offline Sarah - Enfys' Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 76
Re: 11 month old EW NW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 21:15:44 pm »
Does she nap an hour exactly each time?  Does she wake herself or do you wake her up?  A longish and earlyish first nap can perpetuate ew.  Have you tried capping the first nap, even to 45 minutes?  Then maybe she might sleep a bit longer in the afternoon also.

Offline mum3boys

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 02:03:18 am »
Is she generally happy during the day or tired and grizzly. 4hr A and only 2hr day sleep could suggest she is Ot leading to Ew and NW. I would try moving her afternoon nap 30min earlier and see if she sleeps longer for you. Often when they wake crying they know they want more sleep!

Good luck

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 19:04:18 pm »
I have tried capping first nap but she will not extend second nap. Today she slept for 1 h first nap, but only 30 min second. I usually let her sleep as long as she wants as she never sleeps past 1h. I just cannot get it right, and last night she woke up 6 times, I am so exhausted, slept for two hours. If I try to cap the first nap again what should then be her sleep window. The problem is that anything less than 4 or more than 4 hours and she gives me very short naps, but even with 4 hours she is very inconsistent.
Its 12 am and she already had 4 NW unfortunately she does not resettle anymore, she used to with no problems, but recently LO demands to be fed. Well nor sure if it os feeding or sucking helps her resettle. It is so exhausting.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 23:15:22 pm by ewapeters »

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 08:49:38 am »
ok ,after 6 NW 3 night ago and still 5 o'clock EW we are now on night 3 of PU/PD without feeding. Unfortunately we are now in OT cycle and LO sleeps only for maximum 50 min firs nap and 30 min second. Last night she woke up twice and was screaming for 1 h each W, but today only slept 50 min for first nap. I don't know how to adjust her day if she wakes up during the night. Also with today's first nap ending at 9:35 as Woke up at 4:50 I am not sure what time she should go down for second, I am worried that she will wake up after 30 min and then what time BT? I have tried to extend first nap, but after 45 min I gave up. LO is still fighting during the night, she can hardly make a sound as she has sore throat from all that screaming. I am desperate as I am very tired and haven't slept more than 3 hours for a week now, there in no one to help so have to do it all by myself.

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 13:55:17 pm »
I think she is OT as well so you likely need to reduce your next A time for her PM nap.  It's entirely possible that the NWs are OT related too, though, if she is screaming it could be pain related as well...not sure if she is getting any teeth?  Will she take a long nap in the car or stroller/buggy?  I think for right now she just needs to catch up a little bit to get back on track. 

Have you tried pushing her morning A time at all to see if she will extend that first nap?  If not, then I agree with PP about capping the AM nap and then doing a short A time to the PM nap (around 3hrs perhaps).

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 20:44:01 pm »
I haven't got a car at the moment, she won't sleep in the car or buggy anyway. I also tried extending her first a time, but she only slept 35 min, I am also worried that she will refuse second nap if too early. I know that capping her first nap would be sensible thing to do, but she already is not sleeping enough and I don't want to end up with over 4 h until BT. I give her nurofen before BT so don't thing teething bothers her that much. As you see I have loads of "buts". She has never been great napper, slept 1.5 hours maybe twice, 1,15 maybe handful of times. I am just scared to experiment as if lucky she will nap 2x1h, but as soon as I start making changes it would affect all day and possibly night. Saying that it is so bad at the moment that it cannot be any worse. I think I am in massive OT circle.

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 05:48:38 am »
I capped her first nap to 45 min and then reduced second A time to 3,5h but she only slept for 40 min.
She had a good last night though, woke up  1 h after BT, but was ok with going to sleep again, after that slept until 5.
I think I have to now work on EW as 5 is far too early for me.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:51:01 am by ewapeters »

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 12:56:36 pm »
How was she when she went down for the second nap?  Fall asleep quickly?