Author Topic: Did I choose the right EASY schedule??  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Happilynn424

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 27, 2014, 23:01:28 pm »
My LO just turned 4 months. I've never had him on a routine. I read and re-read the book. I started him on the 4 hr routine. But I'm nervous that it's incorrect since this is a transition time. How would one know that's incorrect??

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Did I choose the right EASY schedule??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:50:29 pm »
Are you having any problems?  That's the answer ;)  if you're getting good naps, LO is settling well and sleeping well at night it's all good :D. If not, feel free to post here what's happening (a real day rather than the ideal) and we'll see if we can help x

Offline Happilynn424

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 21:49:12 pm »
Well I started all of this because of sleeping issues. Haha. He's always slept at night really well. It was just getting him to sleep for naps was nearly impossible.

Since doing pu/pd, naps have improved significantly. I was just worried that when he doesn't STAY asleep for naps he's hungry.

Thanks for your input.  :)

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 07:22:10 am »
Is he breast or formula fed?  How frequently was he feeding before you started doing PUPD?  Are you aiming for the standard 4h EASY with 2h awake time?

Offline Happilynn424

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 20:07:40 pm »
He's breastfed. Before I implemented the schedule his eating and sleeping was utterly chaotic. He was eating every hour I suppose. We have been doing the 4 hr EASY for almost a week. I got so panicked about hunger  that I started doing a light feed 30 min before sleep time.   Honestly he started sleeping less fitfully at nap time when I did that. The other reason I panicked is because he was yanking at my breasts like he wanted more.

Before EASY he woke once per night to eat. Since doing EASY and implementing dream feed he sleeps until 630 am.

Do I revert back to 3 hr EASY and work from there?  Seems like this isn't quite right. HELP!!

Offline Happilynn424

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 20:58:38 pm »
Also, he was born somewhat early. 37 wks. Wonder if that makes a difference. It does seem like trying to keep him awake 2 hrs is too long. He seems tired at 1.5 hrs.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 20:38:29 pm »
Can you post a couple of DS of what's actually been happening for us in EAS format?  Should make it much easier for us to help you :).