Author Topic: So we really need some help. STing a v spirited 13mo-it's not going to be pretty  (Read 6568 times)

Offline cuckoochick

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 136
  • Mummy to Charlotte Rose and Georgia May
Thanks ladies. She STTN. Today, however, we were held up running errands so for her nap she's fallen asleep in the car and transferred into the cot. ::) hopefully it won't affect it too much. BTs are always worse than naps but it wld have been nice if we'd had another successful nap settling today under our belt. I keep trying to talk positively about her cot but she doesn't look impressed! ;D

*Nicola*

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Well done - bet you feel a bit better after sttn too? :)
I don't think you will be set back with the car nap, fx for tonight.

Just letting you know we had regression on day 4-5 I think as well...all LOs are diff, but you will prob get one just as you think yay we're done ::)
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
How'd it go?

Offline cuckoochick

Thanks for checking in. You are not going to believe this...I took her into her bedroom and she started yelling loads and loads because I guess she knew what was coming. So I sang to her for an extra bit and got her super relaxed and then laid her in her cot, stroked her hair and face for a few minutes until she was relaxed and calm but not falling asleep. I then walked out of her door and she cried out for 30 seconds then went silent. She was shuffling around and then cried out after five minutes but I didn't need to go in and she went to sleep without crying. Don't know if it was just a fluke but it was amazing. I think maybe in our anxiety to do this STing we've not been building the sleepy mood and to make it a nice experience so I'm going to try the same again tonight and hoping that I can calm her. It was probably just a fluke but I'll try to keep calmer and get her more relaxed which is not always easy as she's generally a go go go go go go go go drop kinda gal!  DH and I were like :o :o :o we've had a busy morning out at the park and she fell asleep in the car again ::) but I'll update tonight after BT (which will probably be monstrous given my post here!)

*Nicola*

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
You are well on your way though. The penny of WIWO has clearly dropped, so really you should be in a position to ride out the regression when it comes, and iron out any glitches in the bedtime routine, and then finally move forwards  ;D.

My DD needs an entirely different wind down to DS, even now. Took me a while to figure it out. DS just crashes, he is always happy to go to bed as a chronic Ewer. DD needs cuddles and stories, and her lullaby CD playing else she kicks up a fuss. Gets OT very easily and then misses her window  ::) ::). Somehow I assumed I would be able to do both kids the same yk?

Offline cuckoochick

Well we're in the throes of BT. I did the same as last night, she's moaning and grizzling a bit but hasn't all out cried so far. I'm wondering if I might be doing too much to get her really comfy but she is not going to sleep with me in the room and besides when we do C's BT we have lots of quiet snuggles with her before we leave so I figure it's no different really but will keep an eye on it. At the moment I'm avoiding sitting in the chair with her because that's where she'll associate being BFed so I'm cuddling and singing (and swaying her a little!) but it's just to calm her from crying at being taken into her bedroom. I've then put her in her bed and continued to sing, gave her the lovey and stroked her face and arm.

She's quiet now so fingers crossed! X

*Nicola*

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
How are things love? Settled?
***Sara***

Offline cuckoochick

Thanks for checking in sweetie. We had a bit of a setback as G had an ear infection and she's also cutting 3 teeth at once (one of which is a pre molar- my kids seem to get their teeth in funny orders!). Settling for naps and BT is going ok but we had a terribly long NW the other night and we didn't handle that so well. We need to be ready to tackle those properly now we know that the antibiotics are kicking in and she's getting better.

*Nicola*

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
Teeth absolutely suck. Poor old G! How is  little C coping?

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Thanks for checking in sweetie. We had a bit of a setback as G had an ear infection and she's also cutting 3 teeth at once (one of which is a pre molar- my kids seem to get their teeth in funny orders!). Settling for naps and BT is going ok but we had a terribly long NW the other night and we didn't handle that so well. We need to be ready to tackle those properly now we know that the antibiotics are kicking in and she's getting better.
Oh honey that is tough. We're in the throes of winter here and it's been a nightmare with infections and flu. Luckily now T is older the St isn't such an issue but I remember last year after every big winter virus or bug we had to go through it again ::) just remember progress is still progress so when your all well and ready she will hopefully adjust quicker :-*
***Sara***

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Oh no!  Fingers crossed she's better soon xx

Offline cuckoochick

Thanks ladies. She seems to be fine now. Her teeth are driving her a bit nuts but she's ok. Settling really well at BT and she has STTN the past few nights. I feel like the settling is going well, I'm just dreading the next NW as that's when she's TOUGH!!!

*Nicola*

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
:) great update. Well done G!
***Sara***