Author Topic: 8.5 month old - naps gone crazy  (Read 985 times)

Offline Melissa0785

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 30, 2014, 18:55:12 pm »
My 8.5 month old used to take 2 1hr 15min-1hr 20 min naps every day like clockwork.  I'm now lucky if I can get her to take 1 45 minute nap in the morning.

I upped her A time to 3:30 to see if she was UT and yesterday and this morning got a barely 1 hr nap in the morning, but wasn't able to get a nap yesterday {stroller, car, laying down with me and nursing} and today she's been crying for over 30 minutes for her second nap. 

She started crawling a little over a week ago.  No sign of teeth that I can see. 

I'm just clueless and so, so frustrated.

I don't really even have an EASY to show anymore our days are all over the place after the first nap, but she's also waking up 2 times at night now which I assume is from being OT after not napping.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 8.5 month old - naps gone crazy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 13:28:12 pm »
Hi, sorry things are tough at the moment :(

Is your LO an independent sleeper?  What was the routine that was working, how long was she on it, and can you post a recent day or two for us (don't worry if it seems all over the place)?

Crazy sleep is apparently common at around 8 months, but it is worth looking at the routine (or lack of!) to see if there's anything we can do to help. 

Offline Melissa0785

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 00:44:48 am »
Yes, independent sleeper, but I've been AP to try to get her to sleep. 

I tried to do her schedule from yesterday, but I can't remember all the times now. 

Last night she went down at 6 {an hour early bc of the lack of sleep} with a few NW

Today:

woke at 7:45 {I let her sleep until she woke up}

We had an appointment this morning so she fell asleep right at 10:45 and slept for 30 minutes in the car {woke on her own}

12 - lunch

2:45 nap {just followed tired cues since the morning was off.  She woke up after 15 minutes, cried for 5-10 and then fell back to sleep until just before 4.}

7 bedtime with no wake ups so far. 

It's actually been the best day, as far as sleep goes, we've had in a while.  Still not a normal day, but I guess I'll see how tonight goes and start again tomorrow.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 8.5 month old - naps gone crazy
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 12:44:52 pm »
Glad it was a bit better for you :). Keep track for a couple of days when you're home (car naps etc make it a bit difficult to interpret) and then I'll see if there's anything I can suggest x