Author Topic: Can someone look over my 4h EAS please  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Can someone look over my 4h EAS please
« on: August 01, 2014, 13:32:04 pm »
Can someone tell me if I'm getting the right rhythm on my EAS down? He (nearly 6mo) is on a 4h EAS, but I feel like I'm so confused at the end of the day if I should try to get him to take a nap or why his A time seems to diminish. After his 3/ 3:30 feed, I'm not sure what to do. Its super tough to get him to cat nap and I'm always worried it will ruin his 7ish bedtime. Can I just drop it and go in to bed time mode a bit early? Like asleep by 7pm?
And how do cluster feeds work on a 4h EAS? Or do I drop those as well since he's taking in solids now?
Thanks ladies!

WU/E 7:30
A 7:30-10 (2.5h)
       Solids 9
S 10-11:30 (1.5h)
E 11:30
A 11:30-2 (2.5h)
S 2-3:30 (1.5h)
E 3:30
A 3:30-5:30 (2h)
S 5:30-6:15 (45min)
E 6:15
     Solids 7
A 6:15-7:30 (1.15h)
E/ BT 7:30

DF 11

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Can someone look over my 4h EAS please
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 05:51:25 am »
And I should also mention that after his solids, I top baby off with BM. I think he's in a growth spurt because he acts like he's been starving.

When can I drop the catnap? Total daytime sleep is 3hrs but the final stretch until BT is 3-4hrs.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 08:05:03 am »
Hi, I'd drop the cat nap now and do an earlier BT say in bed 6.30/6.45 apart from that your day looks good, soon I would start pushing your A to 2 hours 45 to get the pm nap a bit later but when my DS dropped that cat nap we did do a few 5.45/6pm BT to keep on top of OT.
I don't think cluster feeds are needed once on solids so is get rid of that now. If you think he's hungry you could split feed around bedtime if he has a bath, my DS used to have done milk a bit before bath then a bit just before bed with a nice cuddle x
Zoe

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 07:48:45 am »
Ah ok. I hate doing the catnap anyway. I go for walks/ drives and often at the end of a 1.5h outing he's just beginning to rub his eyes.  >:(
He was on a 3.5h EAS, but he basically put himself on a 4h EAS because his naps have turned in to 2 consistent 1.5h.
What about if you are out and about? If he falls asleep in the car, for example, would I then still wait unit the next scheduled E time to feed? Or bump everything up and add an extra nap, if possible?
And if I push the A time to 2.45 does that mean his EAS is a 4.25? Does he eventually go to a 5hr EAS?
(I have a few more Qs regarding the E time, but I'll post one the feeding boards...)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 15:05:36 pm »
For us the 4 hour easy stayed really until on decent solids and dropping feeds, so the day was a bit more like breakfast, lunch tea etc.
if your out and sleeps is wait until next E time but of course if it's a short nap then knock say 30 mins off A/E times to avoid OT.
Zoe