Author Topic: Early wake for 8-month old  (Read 8781 times)

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Re: Early wake for 8-month old
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2014, 18:11:49 pm »
I dont get it. Lo had naps, first one 2h, second one 1.5h and she showing sings of tiredness by 5pm.  ???
I`ve noticed this pattern in the last week or so
She naps well, but she wakes up all happy and can sit and play independently and then an hour letter she is showing sings of tiredness,starts to fuss and as times passes by she gets more and more fussy, wont sit still, cries about everything, and only calms down while being held and most of the times the person has to be standing. If she is in the stroller, every bump on the road is a cause for a meltdown.
I barely managed to make bt 7 today and she was up an hour letter crying.
Tbh Im very confused.

Offline Newbiemommy001

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2014, 19:30:30 pm »
Hmmm...wonder week? My LO was the same at that age. I remember I had to APOP some of the naps, too. Teething as well, maybe?

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2014, 19:48:50 pm »
Dache do think it's possible she isn't really lows sleep needs but just has a body clock that is set as an early riser? 5pm was 12hrs after she woke so maybe she needs an earlier BT? Have you ever tried putting her to bed super early to see if she still sleeps until 5am? Some babies will only do a long night with an early BT as they don't tack on in the morning but will tack on to night sleep at the beginning of the night. Might be worth a try if you dare. You could then work on shifting the whole day in 5 minute increments if you establish a more regular routine with a longer night.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline dache

« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2014, 19:17:45 pm »
No, I dont think she is LSN baby. I was wondering that but she`s not.
I dont think its wonder week or growth spurt. She is very difficult when she is going trough anything like that.And I tried to remember if its something new and remembered that its not.
Today was strange too. She wu at 6 and didnt stayed up for 4h. She napped 10-12 then stayed up for another 3.30h. I didnt know if I shold wake her or not, and I decided to let her sleep. She woke up at 5.
Bt was 8.30. Im very interested to see how her night goes.

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2014, 16:37:35 pm »
Fingers crossed.

Offline dache

« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2014, 17:49:04 pm »
Thanks Ali.But that was a rough night, I counted at least 7 NWs.
She is moving A time on her own, form 2 1/2h to 3-3 1/2h. And bt was later, except today, 7:30, asleep by 7.45.

How are you doing Newbie? I was thinking about you today. I`ve stopped doing w2s, I think she is going trough a growth spurt so Ill let her be. How about you, are you noticing any progress?   

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2014, 20:24:21 pm »
Oh that's a shame Dache. Sounds like she was OT from the extremely long day and long A times.

Offline dache

« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2014, 08:11:14 am »
I think last night was better. I cant remember all the night wakings when Im tiered :P
But I think it was just for feeds and then an EMW.
She did went down easy on her first nap at her regular time-9:30. I just went in to check on her. She is seeping on her side like a big person lol.
Ihdk whatto think. She had a little fiver this morning so who knows what` going on ,teething?reflux flare because of teething? a cold? GS?.
Maybe I too should just let things go and accept the way things are,like Newbie did.

Offline Newbiemommy001

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2014, 23:49:26 pm »
Hi dache! I'm sorry LO is going through a tough time. Must be so hard for both of you. I really don't have any answers for you just support.  :-\

As for me, things are pretty much the same except that I think the w2s has somehow backfired on us because LO seems to be waking up at 4:30am and then going back to sleep.  ??? I don't know what to make of it. Oh well! Our EASY today was all over the place because we had to go to a family thing. LO didn't take his second nap until very late (in the car). Sigh! Tomorrow is another day.

Offline dache

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2014, 08:23:11 am »
Thanks newbie, I dont have any ideas also. Her days are all messed up, Im trying to keep up and see if its just a phase. I`ve posted on  the easy board to see if anyone has any idea what`s going on, or how to go about her days now. Hopefully, someone will have any ideas soon because her NWs are all over the place also.

Does your little one goes back to sleep on his own when he wakes up? If that`s the case I`d just let him be and see where things go.
We had similar day as your. LO was out with my mum and took a short nap in the stroller and that was that until 8pm. :-\

She just woke up at 9:00 I tried resettling her with the paci, she was ok for  a few minutes then started crying. I made her a bottle and gave it to her and went out for to the toilet. When I came back the bottle was next to her and she had the paci in her mouth and was sleeping. Off course she still woke up 30 minutes letter for the bottle but she replugged the paci for the first time on her own.
It made me think of you Ali. Your advice to put more pacis in the crib worked :D Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 19:57:52 pm by dache »

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2014, 07:37:35 am »
Oh good. Maybe that will really help if she can find a paci on her own.

Offline Newbiemommy001

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2014, 14:33:54 pm »
Hi, I'm back.

Dache...glad to know that LO has learned to replug her paci.  :) i hope things are better. I remember when LO discovered his thumb, he would fall asleep easier.

As for me, I think LO is undergoing some changes in his routine again. I thought we finally had it down and then BAM...change again. Yesterday was a little rough for his first nap. He woke up at 6:15am (yay!) instead of 5:30am. So I figured that I would put him down for his first nap at 10:15am. LO had a total meltdown at 10am and he could not settle himself to sleep. So I stayed beside his crib until he fell asleep and I was able to sneak out. So maybe I waited too long? Today, LO woke up at 6:08am. My plan was to put him down at 10am for his nap. We drove hubby to work and LO was yawning the entire time. At around 9:15am, he slept in the carseat for about a minute until I woke him up. I kept everything low-key so he can make it to his first nap. I was able to put him down in his crib at 9:55am. He was yawning the entire wind down time. The moment I shut off the lights and left the room, LO started playing and pulling himself up. I saw it on the video monitor. He finally slept at 10:15am. SIGH! Does that mean I put him down too early? Could it be developmental and he was just trying out his pulling up skills?

His EASY from the past two days...
6-6:15am awake (he normally wakes up at 5:30-5:45am)
E
A
S 10-11:30 (I would cap at 1hr and 45 mins if he was particularly tired)
E
A
S 2:45-3:30 (he usually wakes up on his own)
E
A
S crib by 6:45pm, usually asleep by 7pm.

Should I push the first A time some more? If he wakes up at 5:30am, his first nap is still at 10am. I've been so used to the early wake up that I don't know what to do anymore when he wakes up at 6am. Lol!

Ali? You mentioned that your LO had a similar EASY, when did your LO transition to one nap? At what point did you start pushing the first nap? Sorry too many questions!

Offline dache

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2014, 15:36:47 pm »
We had spikes in A time too. From 2 1/3 to 4 hours. I think its developmental leap or something.
So maybe your lo is going trough it too? The A time seems ok for his age now but you can try increasing it  to see if it makes a difference. But from what I have noticed if she has even a minute of sleep she is her sleep cycle is missed and she need more A time.

Here things are still hard. She wake a lot at night, when she wakes at 4.30 its hard to put her back to sleep. And she wakes soon after bt and it takes an hour to go to sleep.
Her first nap today was 8.20-10.20 and second nap 3-4.30. I dont know what to expect tonight but FX it better then last couple nights

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2014, 22:30:23 pm »
We had a very similar nap routine from about 9-15mo. We actually kept the first nap at 10am (regardless of wake up) right up until the end of 2 naps because we had to be out of the house by 11.45am 3 mornings a week so we just kept it the same every day. Our second nap did move later to around 3.30-4pm in the later months (maybe 12-15mo) and BT was 7pm and then 7.30pm around 13mo. Occasionally during those last 3 months he would have one long nap on one or sometimes two days a week at 11 or 11.45am for 2-2hr45 and then we would do an early BT of 6pm-ish. When we moved to one nap full time at 15mo I just jumped straight to11.30-ish nap.

Offline Newbiemommy001

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2014, 14:37:07 pm »
Thanks Ali! LO woke up at 6:15am today but I put him down for his nap at 10am and he slept. So I think he responds well to that time regardless of what time he wakes up. You mentioned that your LO's second nap got pushed to 3:30pm at one point, was it because he was refusing to take an earlier nap? I think LO is close to trying to fight his second nap.  I know I put him down undertired but I'm very hesitant to move it right now because I noticed that he needs an A time of 3-3.5 hrs before BT. Thanks again!