Author Topic: Early wake for 8-month old  (Read 8605 times)

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Re: Early wake for 8-month old
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2014, 10:54:55 am »
Yes, we did had a early wake at 4.30.
I did let her sleep as much as she wants. Wanted to wake her at 2h mark but when I went in I sow that she was trying to put herslef back to sleep so I let her be. She slept 20-30 minutes more.
I dont cap her first nap, she wakes up on her own, I assume because she has only 2.30h A time before the nap.
I was reading about LSN and it didnt seem to sound like her but Ill look a bit more. I hope someone responds and has any idea whats going on. My lo has never sttn

Offline Newbiemommy001

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2014, 12:01:13 pm »
Help!!! We had such a terrible night last night. It's the worst one we've ever had. LO woke up at 11:30pm when my husband peeked in his room to check on him. LO started crying when my husband left the room. My husband could not get him to resettle. I basically sat down next to his crib and LO calmed down, started rolling over trying to sleep. There were times where LO tried to get me engaged but I just sat there, did not keep eye contact, refused to engage and made sure to keep things as boring as possible. LO finally slept at 1am and I tried sneaking but woke up LO again. Sigh. LO tried resettling himself for the next 10-15 mins minutes but as soon as crying escalated, my husband went in and sat beside his crib. LO was crying so hard that I gave him some teething drops and tylenol. I just didn't know what to do anymore! LO finally slept around 2:30am. So basically he was awake for at least 3 hours! It's close to 8am now and LO is still asleep. I didn't have the heart to wake him up knowing that he had such a rough night. What should I do with his EASY today? Just let him sleep as much as he wants? This came out of nowhere because he had a good day yesterday despite waking up at 5:30am. Pls help!

Offline dache

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2014, 18:26:10 pm »
Ah, sorry I didnt see this before. That sounds like a tough night.
I know Im writing this too late but just in case you need it another time...
Yeah, you have to rearrange his ESY considering the fact that he was up a lot last night and that his Wu time was latter. Also A time especially in the morning should be low stimulation ones.

We also had one of the worst ones yet! Lo has a cough that kept waking her up. She wu at 12 and wouldnt settle. I dont know what time it was when we put her back in the cot, and she hates being picked up after bt.
I sow some teeth and it seems would be finally coming out. She has hard time settling during the day also.
Something`s going on with her, I need to find out what. I might take her to the doctor tomorrow.
Hope you have a better night tonight 

Offline Newbiemommy001

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2014, 20:07:34 pm »
Thanks dache! I'm sorry to hear that you had a tough night too. I hope your LO feels better soon.

When I checked LO at 8am, he was already wide awake so he probably woke up anywhere from 7:30-7:45am. He was clearly still tired and fussy. I got him to take his first nap at 11am-1pm. I capped it at 2 hours. He was much better after his first nap. I got him to nap early for his 2nd nap at 3:30. I figured it will be an undertired nap which is okay so that BT won't be so late. I really wish I understood why LO had such a rough night. I checked his gums this morning, still no sign of any teeth. I wonder if it could be separation anxiety?

Good luck to us, dache! I'm really praying it will be a better night!

Offline dache

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2014, 21:10:10 pm »
Thank you Newbie, but I dont see it happening.
She is down for 4h now and wu 3 times already in the past 2h.  :-\
I offered a bottle on the first one which she took but didnt settle, I had to rock her a little bit. And she hates when I pick her from the cot after bt. The second time I gave her baby paracetamol and put teething gel.
She wu again just now while I was writing here, I had to do a resettling again.
I feel like I dont want to go to bed because I know she`ll keep waking up and I wont be at 100%.
She is crying a new cry, I dont think I have heard it  before.
I have a thousand guesses what`s going on, but I cant be sure. Im lucky that I am at my mum`s place because being on my own would suck (dh is working 7.30am-10.00 :-X)

Offline Newbiemommy001

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2014, 11:09:09 am »
Hi dache! Sorry to hear about that tough night. Were you able to take LO to the doctor? I don't have much to say about teething since my LO doesn't have any teeth yet. But I did read that frozen washcloths help. I hope your LO feels better soon so she'll sleep better too.

Offline Gosia M.

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Marcin, my DS born 19/12/2013
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2014, 12:08:00 pm »
Hi ladies!

Sorry I was so quiet for the past few days. We were away for a longer weekend. Sorry to hear you had such rough nights :( Dache if it's a new cry it might be teething I guess. I've heard some teeth hurt more. How many has your LO already?

Our weekend was definitely a weekend of at least 3 new teeth and I was very hard sometimes :( DS started acting strangely (crying very hard) at BT on Thu. And it repeated before every nap and during the day for the next 2 days :( Yesterday before noon was tough but the whole day perfect, however he WU @ 9.20pm to cry hard again for 20mins while we were heading back home :( gave him pain killers and teething gel and he slept until 6.55 first time in days!!!

WU times Thu-Sun was between 5.30 and 6.10 so we just took him to our bed to play for early day start and fed him at 7AM as he didn't realy show signs of hunger after WU (he was always playing in his cot for 30-40mins before he started crying that he's bored).

As for sleep and naps I think something is changing as well.  we had quite chaotic nap times and lengths  ??? he seemed to sleep longer at night when he slept less than 2 hrs during the day and was really happy during the day (except for those teeth pain attacs). Yesterdat he slept 45min+30min+20min and the day was great! I'm not sure how to adapt to this. Have you heard about LOs that are LSN but need 3 short naps during the day? Or is it 2:1 transition???But our LO doesn't seem to be able to make it longer than till 10am with the first nap... I suppose it might be that he cries a lot before nap time also because he's either OT or UT but I really can't figure out now :(

What do you think?

PS1 Newbie, yes I do W2S about an hour before usual WU but since I had to do it for almost a week I tried various times, i.e. 4.30, 4.15, 4.45 because I was afraid I would strat another habit... At first I did it like DF but with water but then my friend advised it could be "addictive" - he could learn he needs sucking a bottle early morning so I changed it to just changing Marcin's position in bed a little. BW advised to changed LO's nappy as a form of W2S but I was too scared to wake him up completely ;) hope this helps.

PS2 Can you write down you LO's A times and total sleep times a day (day naps + night sleep)? Just to compare.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:09:02 am by Gosia M. »

Offline Newbiemommy001

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2014, 10:31:27 am »
This is getting really frustrating! I really don't know what to do anymore with LO's sleeping habits. We started off great yesterday when we had to wake up LO at 7am. This was our EASY:

7am wake up (LO was awake at 5:15am when we checked but when we checked at 5:30, asleep again)
E
A
S 10:30-11:50 I wasn't able to push LO's nap further. I would usually go for 4hr A time in the morning.
E
A
S 3:05-4pm
E
A
In crib by 7pm but slept at 7:45pm. I don't know what time he woke up today but when we checked at 5:20am, he was wide awake. We're exhausted.

The reason we had a late start was because LO was still recovering from the 3-hr night waking the other day so I knew this late wake up was temporary. What do I do now? Should I try to switch the length of naps? Short nap in AM and longer in PM? LO has always been a better morning napper, though. Do I keep capping naps? I don't think I can push first nap today since he probably only had 9 hrs of night sleep. Sigh! I'm at a loss.

Offline dache

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2014, 18:38:01 pm »
Goisa I have posted her EAS here
Multiple NW after 2am-any idea why?
We are also having multiple night wakings so I have posted there to see if anyone has any idea why.

Newbie I honestly know how you feel. Im beyond exhausted. This past 3 nights have been terrible.
I ended up putting her in my bad T 6am this morning. Not to sleep but to play while I lay down a few minutes. But I have fallen asleep, and when I wu she was asleep too. My brother came in and took her at 8.30, I told him that Ill be out in a minute and closed my eyes for a second. I woke up an hour latter.
Imagine me, with 3 people to help me,and still so tiered, I can only imagine how you are feel.
Bt was bad here too. I hope and pray that we all have a break and these nights will be over tonight, if not soon. And if not soon then I hope and pray that we have get the strength needed until they are over!

Offline Newbiemommy001

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2014, 10:32:16 am »
Well, LO still woke up early today. I don't know exactly what time but when we checked at 5:30, he was wide awake. I think I'll try to push his first A time to 4 hrs and 15 mins if I could. I think we're well into transitioning to 2-1 naps. He keeps waking up early for a month now despite what I've done. I even did wake to sleep at 4:30am. Any other suggestions?

Offline dache

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2014, 11:44:59 am »
We had a surprisingly well night. She wu only once at 2 for a feed and slept until 6.30 I think, she might have woken up earlier but Im tiered and I have a cold and I didnt notice.
Today she is a little bit tiring, crying and fussing and wanting to be held all the time. Which has been happening for the past 4 days but now its more nerving because Im sick.

Newbie, sorry to hear things are not improving. 
I dont remember ever reading, do you feed him solids? I dont see it on your EASY so I was wondering.
Maybe introducing/increasing the solids?
If you think its time for 2-1 transition then go for it. Do it slowly, add 15 minutes of A time. Hope that works.
Do keep in touch, I want to know if that made any difference.

Offline Newbiemommy001

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2014, 14:40:19 pm »
Hi dache. Glad that you had a good night. Sorry to hear you have a cold, though. Feel better soon!

Yes, LO gets solids 3x a day. He eats well. I'll try to increase it and see if it makes a difference. Well, things are not going as planned right now. I was hoping to push his first nap to 10-10:15 am but we could only make it to 9:45am. Now, I'm quite convinced that he woke up before 5:30am. In any case, if he did wake up at 5:30am, then he still had 4 hrs and 15 mins of A time. I just get confused at which point to count it from. Do I count from the time he woke up (5:30am) or his ideal wake-up time (6-6:30am)? This part always confuses me.

Offline dache

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2014, 18:04:28 pm »
Thanks.
To be honest it confuses me too. I just try to have at least 2 1/2h of A time before the first nap. Im trying to push it.she cant really go past 9.50-10.00, Im guessing that its because of ew.
I also think that she had an early wake up today too. She barely made it till 9.30 and I capped the nap at 11.00. And she started showing sighs of tiredness at 12.00. Second nap was 1.30 (this is the furthest I have managed  to push it) and caped it at 3.
Unfortunately my mum took her for a walk and she napped 20minutes in the stroller so its 20.00 here and she is still up.
Just take it easy. If you see that he cant manage pushing the nap more, try 10 minutes, if not then 5.
Its hard and it will take a long time but youll get there.

Offline dache

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2014, 14:55:33 pm »
How are things going ladies?
Im so happy to tell you that our ewp today was at 4.30! I tried the paci, didnt work, tried water-no, milk-nope...nothing worked,she didnt went back to sleep. It might have been because bt was early yesterday.
Im trying to push morning nap but she gets ot because she is up so early.
For the second nap I have managed to push from 1 to 1.30.
I dont know what to do. She`s not waking many times at night. Just for the dream feed, then a feed around 2am and then she can  go to 7 or she can have an ewu at 5.30.
It seems nothing I do makes any difference. She goes about as she goes about.

Offline Newbiemommy001

• Showing Appreciation 0
  • Intimidated new mommy
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2014, 19:28:59 pm »
I hear you, dache! My LO just keeps on waking up early whatever I do. I've been consistently capping his naps and doing earlier BT, wake to sleep. He was good for one day when he woke up at 6am then he woke up at 5:15am this morning despite everything staying exactly the same.  ??? I think I'm at that point wherein I will just let him be for now until he's ready to go down to one nap. I'll still try to be consistent but I feel like I'm losing the battle on this one.

Dache? Have you tried weaning the night feeds?