Author Topic: Middle of night feed - in crib or not in crib?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline jenniferbarr0722

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Middle of night feed - in crib or not in crib?
« on: August 03, 2014, 16:30:49 pm »
Hi everybody. I've been sleep training my daughter for the past week with pu/pd and she is making lots of improvements. I'm curious as to how to handle night feedings without messing up the training. My daughter still wakes for one feeding and I am not even thinking about weaning anytime soon because she has reflux and has difficulty getting enough nutrition during the day. She is 4.5 months. When she wakes for her feed should I feed her in the crib (elevated due to reflux) or pick her up and feed her in my arms. She falls asleep almost immediately after the bottle is put in her mouth so either way I feel like I am creating a bad association (either we eat in the crib to go to sleep or we eat in mommy's arms to go to sleep). Anybody have any tips on which way is the least likely to interfere with her being able to fall asleep on her own with no bottle for naps and bedtime?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Middle of night feed - in crib or not in crib?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 16:38:07 pm »
If it's a genuine night feed that she is hungry for (not just taking a quick suck then back to sleep) then I would feed her in whatever way is easiest and don't worry if she feeds to sleep - that's ok for a night feed.  Just continue to use PUPD for the other wakings if you need to :).

Offline jenniferbarr0722

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Middle of night feed - in crib or not in crib?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 16:43:49 pm »
Thanks - it is a full feed, we aren't to the point yet where she doesn't really need it! One day we will get there!