Author Topic: Not sure what's going on...  (Read 1032 times)

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Not sure what's going on...
« on: August 07, 2014, 03:34:02 am »
I am appealing to those of you with greater experience than I because darned if I can nail this one down.
My 12 month (in 4 days) LO has always been a great night sleeper, he's a 7-7 kind of kid.  However in the last 2-3 weeks he's been waking up in the middle of the night, sporadically 3-4x a week.  Typically it happens around 3-4:30 but tonight and the other night it happened an hour after he went to bed.
Last night he woke once at 3:42, had a brief cry (30secs) which I waited out to test the neediness of the moment.  Then he woke up again at 4:16, another brief cry but I was worried he was cold so I snuck in to pull up his blanket.  I'm going to blame that wake up on myself, though he was already awake and snuffling. 
When I go to him I pick him up, because he's sobbing, and rock him until he calms down.  Then I place him in his crib and Shh-rub his back because he will cry when he's put back in the crib.  Once he's calm again I sloooooowly extract myself in 30sec increments. Count to 30, remove hand, 30 take hand of crib railing, 30 take one step away from crib etc.
Things I'm wondering about; 1) could this be 2-1 nap related?, 2) the Dyson fan we were using due to the heat actually gives off a lot of muted light, maybe it is/was hard for him to fall back asleep with the extra light?, 3) teething?  DH did notice a new tooth the other day which means its mate is about 4 days behind and the matching pair should be showing up on the top within the next week or two.  The fan is off tonight as it's cooler and I've already had to go in once at the 45 minute mark and he just cried out 5 mins ago.  My poor boy!  I haven't given Tylenol yet but I'm seriously considering it just cover my bases.

Here's his EASY:

7am - WU
12pm - Nap
2pm - WU
6:45pm - Bed

Any suggestions/advice would be great.  It would be great to get a solid night sleep again, for everyone! 

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Not sure what's going on...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 05:30:17 am »
DYT it could be teething? Where is he at with teeth? Those molars and canines start to move around 1 yr. also the two top front teeth hurt quite a lot. :-\

Developmentally it's a rough time too. Is he walking? Trying too?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 20:10:40 pm »
He's getting his third set.  I don't know what teeth those are but they look like molars only smaller.  Not very helpful, am I?!
He cried out once last night but didn't actually cry, which is an improvement.  If I could just talk myself into falling back to sleep after that happens, I think I'd be in a much happier place.  Fingers crossed tonight is cry out/crying free! 

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 06:46:37 am »
How are things? Im sorry I have been AWOL my kids are both sick :(
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.