Author Topic: 16.5mnth old with NO sleep schedule how do I start????!!!!  (Read 730 times)

Offline sjchurchwell

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
16.5mnth old with NO sleep schedule how do I start????!!!!
« on: August 13, 2014, 23:09:31 pm »
Okay I have read SO many things about sleep training that I think I might pull out my hair!!  My little girl is 16.5 months old who as ALWAYS nursed to sleep.  she does not know how to put her self to sleep without crying for long periods of time.  I have started by moving her out of our room, into her crib, nursing her then putting her in the crib and leaving the room.  sometimes she stays asleep for 3-8 hrs before she wakes and cries!!  I'll give her 5 min then go in and shhshh he,r tell her its night-night time, try and get her lay down and rub her back till shes off to sleep again. mostly this works at night but NOT during the day!  she will nap for 45 min that's it!!  she will sleep longer if daddy is holding/rocking her but once shes in the crib shes up in 45 min.  We have a 3 1/2 year old that still naps 2-3 hrs every day and I would LOVE for them to both sleep and the same time.  bedtime has NO routine and she usually wants to go down/nurse at 6 but we push her 7 on the days I'm not working.  on days I'm working she falls asleep on daddy then when i get home i nurse her then off to crib.   desperately need some input/positive!!  I know we have created bad sleep habits now how do we break them??
Blessings, SjC

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 16.5mnth old with NO sleep schedule how do I start????!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 13:31:57 pm »
Hi, don't pull that hair out you will get loads of help here  ;)

Can you post your day for us, so we can see your EAS? 45 min naps are often UT but if LO doesn't sleep independently it can be that she's waking when she goes into next sleep cycle.

I'd start by trying to not let her fall asleep on anyone and trying GW Walk In/Walk Out vs. The Gradual Withdrawal Method (HOW TO CHOOSE)

For me the BT routine was important as my LO has grown to learn that bath time/stories/cup of milk means BT will be following.
x
Zoe

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
Re: 16.5mnth old with NO sleep schedule how do I start????!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 13:36:04 pm »
If you can get your hands on the Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems, the chapter called 'We Still Aren't Getting Enough Sleep' (or something like that), would be great for your situation.  Describes helping a toddler learn about sleeping in their own bed, without traumatising anyone, parents or child ;)
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.