Author Topic: What do you put in your diaper bag?  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Mom-of-boys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
What do you put in your diaper bag?
« on: August 17, 2014, 02:24:33 am »
Not sure where to post this, so feel free to move it. :)

I'm looking for some tips on how to pack my diaper bag.  I have a potty training 3 year old and a 10 month old, and I feel like DH and I are going camping whenever we leave the house! :).  Potty seat, changes of clothes, diapers, wipes, bottles, snacks, toys, sippy cups, etc.  What do you put in your diaper bag?  Anyone have some good tricks for me??? :). TIA

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: What do you put in your diaper bag?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:27:08 am »
When I had the first two kids I actually kept a lot of stuff in the van in a separate bag (potty seat, spare clothes, extra wipes,toys and no perishable snacks) so that the diaper bag did not have to be jam packed and most of the time I did diaper changes in the van unless it was -40 or really windy so I had all the stuff. I had a fold up potty seat but Masyn was good at dangling off any type of seat so we hardly used it!

Now I take next to nothing - 2/3 diapers, small pack of wipes, change of clothes, soother, sippy cup, rice crackers as a just in case snack.
Heidi

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 06:08:43 am »
I have to pack light because we usually walk places or use public transport.
2x thin leggings 2x panties in case of accidents, 1x t-shirt in case she spills sth on herself, 1x light sweater, 1x pair of socks and 1x crocks in case she pees and it goes down her legs and into her shoes (had that happen, lol). 1x packet dried fruit, mini packet of wipes, tissues and alcohol gel in case I need to clean hands or wipe down a public toilet seat.
I don't carry water, just stop by a shop and buy if she needs sth. If we are going to a park I found 200ml mini bottles of water that I take.
For entertainment I take mini bubbles, mini set of stamps and playdough.
Add 2 nappies of the baby and you're set:)
All this stuff fits into a little A4 size backpack I carry around. I do have to buy travel versions of things though, the full size wipes etc would never fit.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 09:53:17 am »
Maybe start out with a smaller bag? I think most people tend to fill whatever size bag they have?
I've always carried small bags compared to most of the mums I see at play group with super sized nappy bags.

When DS was a baby I carried a tiny woman's handbag, 1 bottle, 1 cloth nappy with a few cloth wipes wrapped inside, 1 muslin.
During PT I sized up to a woman's over-sized handbag, potty or toilet topper, 1 pants, 1 pair socks, 1 shorts, 1 t-shirt, bottle water, handy pack of tissues, travel pack wipes. I could definitely have fitted more in that bag - ie the things I carried for him as a baby.
Later in PT when DS would stand up wee, I ditched the potty and carried a small plastic drinking cup and returned to my small handbag, so cup, travel wipes, travel tissues, 1 pants, 1 shorts. Although I did keep the potty or topper in the car for emergencies it was not always close by.

I've always taken snacks in very small tubs and never taken toys. The only time I would take something would be a small book if we went to a restaurant (then I'd take his cutlery too), otherwise I'd just assume we could find something to occupy him out and about wherever we were. A long wait in the pharmacy I'd just hand him a sealed pack of vitamins to shake or later walk around the shop counting bottles or naming colours whilst we waited.