Author Topic: Please help my 2 year old is having serious sleep and seperation issues  (Read 805 times)

Offline Kato2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My little boy turned 2 last week. Our easy is:

6.30/7pm bed
5-5.30 awake
12-2 nap

He has never been a good sleeper. Up until a month ago he went to bed awake and I could  door and leave him to settle. He now screams! Wants me to stay with him and will give me any number of reasons to stay - had a poo, needs a pat etc and can scream and scream incessantly. I don't know what to do! He's now been awake for an hour screaming non stop. I go to him and reassure him but I then tell him time for sleep and try to leave. Nothing is working. He then wakes at 5. He seems tired during the day.

Please help!
Theo James born 06-08-12
The Cheekiest monkey I know!

Offline Kato2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Please help my 2 year old is having serious sleep and seperation issues
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 00:59:36 am »
Forgot to add he won't let anyone else do anything for him. Screams as I'm leaving for work to the point I've almost not gone thinking he was unwell. He had a virus 3 weeks ago but it has passed now
Theo James born 06-08-12
The Cheekiest monkey I know!

lilac83

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 01:41:12 am »
My dd had an awful time with bedtime at 2. She had been an independent sleeper since birth practically but once 2 hit you would never have known. I bought her a nightlight and this was the beginning of her door being left open until she's asleep, it still is and she's 6! For almost a year I also sat on the couch where she could sort of see me from her bedroom until she fell asleep. I guess the best approach is to comfort him like he needs but with the least amount of interference possible so he can continue falling asleep independently. It will pass!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 07:08:06 am »
How long has he had a 2h nap?  Might be you need to shorten it a bit so he can settle easier at BT :)