Author Topic: Do I continue with dairy?  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Miamamma

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Do I continue with dairy?
« on: August 17, 2014, 18:52:06 pm »
Hi, back again to ask you lovely people your opinions on DS and his dairy allergy. A few months ago we saw an allergist who advised to trial dairy and if he reacted, to wait two months before trying it again. He has been eating dairy for 12 days now (yoghurt, butter and milk in foods etc) but still breastfed (I am also having dairy). There have been no obvious signs, such as change in BM, spitting up or rashes. However, he has been more grumpy recently and will arch his back and moan at times (but usually if he doesn't get his way with something). His nights have always been rubbish with 2-5 night wakings; dairy hasn't made them worse. However, I still don't understand why he wakes up so much.  :-[
So should I stop the dairy as he has been unsettled. Or should I persevere for a bit longer as it could be teeth or something else? I have a follow up app with allergist on 15th sept so won't get medical advise till then. What are your thoughts?
I so want him to have outgrown this as I want to wean him and he doesn't like the nutramigen or pepsin formula that gave been prescribed.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Do I continue with dairy?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 19:07:27 pm »
I would persevere TBH. There are SO many reasons an 11 month old can be grumpy - the one year growth spurt for one!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 22:05:12 pm »
I am just starting with my 11 month old on dairy too...definitely agree to keep going as the grumps are usual for a growth spurting one year old undergoing developmental leaps. DD3 does the back arching when she tantrums and then throws herself on the floor - totally unrelated to the food I think and more temperment.  As for the nw's do you have a thread on a sleep board? If not might be a good idea to start one to get some ideas or if you want to commisserate come and join us on the birth club 10 - 12 Months: Part 22
Heidi

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 23:19:47 pm »
If no change in bowel movements, skin rashes or outward signs of an allergy then I would keep going.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Miamamma

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 20:30:30 pm »
Thanks guys. I have continued the dairy and so far so good. I had completely forgotten about growth spurts and it's comforting to read that he's not the only one that hurls himself backwards in a temper! I do need to get these nights sorted out as being permanently tired is getting me down now. We are going away for a few days and then I will post for help.