Author Topic: 7 week old  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Lizabeth

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: August 21, 2014, 09:10:53 am »
My 7 week old wakes to feed during the night typically one time (5-6 hour stretch) but is difficult to get back to sleep and when she does fall asleep difficult to transfer her to crib without her waking right away or shortly after. During the day she eats every 3-4 hours. She will only nap in my arms during the day and wakes up when the is out down. If I put her in the ergo and keep moving she will sleep 3 hours in it. I don't usually do they until the afternoon nap (nap #3) though when I'm outside playing w my 4 yr old. Any idea what is causing her to be difficult to put down after night feeding? Thanks.

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: 7 week old
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 14:33:19 pm »
She is probably still getting used to sleeping on her own without being held, and needs to learn how to go to sleep by herself. It might be a case of time, but you might also be able to experiment to see if you can cosy her up (safely) somehow in her crib. She sounds like a baby that likes a lot of contact, if I'm right?

We had one of these, and I think it gave DS the sensation of being held. He could bounce himself off to sleep in it too, eventually!

http://www.babyhammocks.com/index.php?route=common/home
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: 7 week old
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 14:35:03 pm »
Ooh, just seen this on their website - it can be used in a cot:

http://www.babyhammocks.com/amby-products/amby-snuggler
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline Lizabeth

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 15:35:38 pm »
Lots of contact while she's sleeping for sure. We swaddle her at night but she was so fidgety last night and seemed to be fighting the swaddle. I'll take a look at those links. Thanks!