Author Topic: Sleep and attending a wedding  (Read 720 times)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Sleep and attending a wedding
« on: August 21, 2014, 16:24:32 pm »
Just after some advice on how to deal with DD's sleep on Saturday with a wedding to attend.

She usually naps 12-2. Wedding starts at 2 and we have to be there 1.30ish. I think if I put her down at 11 she will still do at least 1.5hr nap so that will just about give us time to get her dressed and be off (we're staying in a hotel tomorrow night so are only a short ride away from the venue.

Would you then try getting her to have a CN late afternoon (in buggy) as it's going to be a later night for her. One of us can walk round the grounds with her until she nods off.

For those who have taken lo's to this kind of event have you stayed for the evening part, how late have you stayed? I often see a lo asleep in a buggy sleeping through the party but not sure DD would?!

Lauren

Offline lilisuze

• Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 18:26:42 pm »
My experiences with kids at weddings is that they don't do what you expect! Most of the time, i have pushed around the outside of the venue hoping for sleep, and its not happned. If your lo has a nap before you go, i would go with the flow all day...change into comfy clothes/pjs when the evening part of the do gets going (or in the break) and see how long they last. If lo falls asleep on you or in the buggy, then great, if they have interested eyes watching everyone and everything, then just let it happen. If it gets too much, then they'll be sure to let you know!
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 18:37:13 pm »
Agree with pp.  Go with the flow and enjoy the occasion for yourselves as well.  Just one day.  Let your hair down.  :)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Sleep and attending a wedding
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 18:57:39 pm »
Thanks ladies they were just the kind of responses I was hoping for!

Yes had already thought about putting her in her pj's early evening :) pretty sure she'll be showing off on the dance floor  ;)
Lauren

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Sleep and attending a wedding
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 19:17:44 pm »
I've had this recently Lauren. Tbh DD was amazing! I did an early nap and she wasn't grumpy at all. She never sleeps in a buggy like other good lo's I've seen  ::). There's normally so much going on that they're so excited and easily distracted if they do have a moment. We left the night do at 8 (we'd all had enough), usually DD's BT is 7 and she did have a short night admittedly. But as we were travelling home the next day, we did a car nap on the way home of 40 mins (never sleeps any longer in the car), then a 1.5hr nap when we got home with a slightly earlier BT. All sorted like nothing ever happened the next day. I couldn't believe it! Hth x