Author Topic: 2 hr A time for 6.5 month old?!  (Read 1038 times)

Offline tachaorama

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
2 hr A time for 6.5 month old?!
« on: August 27, 2014, 14:55:03 pm »
Hello,

I have been posting all over the forums lately trying to sort out my 6.5 month olds sleep. The GOOD news is he is sleeping through the night, but naps are still a disaster.  Using PUPD I have been able to get him to settle for his naps now. But he wakes up between 25-30 mins.

So far today our EASY looks like this:

Woke: 7:28am (slept for 11 hrs 36 mins)
E: 7:35am 6.75 oz formula
E: 7:55am apple sauce
A:
S: 10:00am (this is when he quieted down, started rubbing eyes and yawning at 2 hrs 10 mins of wake time. So that is when we started 10 mins wind down, had to do PUPD for about 10 mins, then he started mantra cry and just fussing, so i let him be).
A: 10:27am

I haven't been able to get him to resettle and it's been over 20 minutes now.

I see the average wake times for babies his age should be 2.75 - 3 hrs. I also see naps less than 30 mins could mean he is OT. Do you think I need to start the wind down at 2 hrs?

Or could overstimulation cause this? I took away all the toys except for one chew toy that makes no noise at about 1 hr 50 mins. Also told his 4.5 yo sister to keep the noise down.

I am just at a loss. I cannot figure this kid out to save my life. My daughter was way easier. haha!
Toodles,
Tacha

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 2 hr A time for 6.5 month old?!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 01:16:50 am »
At about that age my middle DD was showing what I thought were tired signs but actually were boredom signs! Personally I would try the opposite and try for a bit longer A time to see if he nap improves.
Heidi

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 2 hr A time for 6.5 month old?!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 13:00:03 pm »
I agree, sounds like UT to me.