Author Topic: 7mo multiple nw  (Read 2781 times)

Offline txaggiemama

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 7mo multiple nw
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 23:51:47 pm »
Thank you so much for the encouragement! We've had some pretty good nights lately and I wanted to share what has worked for us. So the biggest thing that helped was moving the video monitor into his room (it was in DD's). I had re-read the SLOW down chapter of the baby whisperer and decided I would wait, watch, and listen to his cries before running in there. When he woke at 2 his eyes didn't even open. He was fussing in his sleep, but not full out crying. So I decided wait to see if he could make it through the transition on his own. Ten minutes of fussing off and on, no full out crying, never opened his eyes, and he went back to sleep. Pretty much same thing for the 4am transition. Then he was up at 6. I'm thinking that when I would hear him in the middle of the night he was just trying to self soothe and I was basically interrupting & waking him up by going in to nurse. The next night he still woke at 2 & 4 but maybe 5 mins and he was back asleep, eyes never opened. Last night he slept from 7-5:30!!! Amazing. I got him back to sleep for another hour so he started the day at 6:30. So I just wanted to remind other mamas to keep SLOW in mind, even when it's so hard in the middle of the night:
Stop
Listen
Observe
What's up?
(p76 of SotBW)

Other things that I believe have helped:
Adding full fat yogurt. The probiotics in the yogurt are really helping his bowel movements. Having a shorter nap in the morning (45 mins ish) and longer in the afternoon (about 2 hrs). And "topping up" nursing after each solids meal.

Oh, and I am by no means encouraging CIO. I would not have done this if we didn't have the video monitor and I could clearly see what was going on. I believe we need to find the best ways to help our little ones be able to sleep independently (for their benefit & our's!)

Thank you again for your help and encouragement! Here's hoping he continues down the path of good sleep :)
"Behold, Children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 7mo multiple nw
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 03:44:27 am »
Awesome update... well done!! Thanks so much for sharing. Of course that's not advocating CIO in any way... it's true whispering! ;) ;D

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 06:45:00 am »
Great news honey, thank you so much for sharing! And totally agree, it's definitelly not CIO.
~Marta