Author Topic: What to pack for a Road Trip?  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
What to pack for a Road Trip?
« on: September 07, 2014, 20:09:00 pm »
In terms of packing solids for my 7mo old, I'm wondering how much to bring along on an upcoming 5 day road trip? Bringing home-made frozen baby food isn't an option, so I plan on stocking up on jars. I can purchase more when I'm there, but would like to have a fair amount with me.
Do I get the meal type jars that have a variety of stuff all mixed together so my LO gets a variety of nutrients? He usually gets a number of things at every meal.
And what about the porridge type jars? Isn't that the same as the dry cereal you add water or milk to?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: What to pack for a Road Trip?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 22:41:34 pm »
Here everything is in squeeze pouches now, I don't think I have seen an actual jar of baby food snce DD2 was a baby! I would just pack a variety of flavours and not worry about the nutrients really as at this age formula or bm is the main diet anyways.
Heidi

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: What to pack for a Road Trip?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 18:24:38 pm »
I have no experience of jars or pouches, my only suggestion is to take things you have tried before which you know LO likes.
Otherwise you could offer the odd bit of your own food or pick up some fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, cucumber, capsicum etc) on your travels.  I've often bought a capsicum and just ripped it open, tapped out the seeds and torn a bit off for DS to much on as finger food.
Bread sticks travel well.
Here we can get individual pots of fruit in fruit juice which just have a film seal which is, they are not a 'baby food' as such, just fruit, I packed a couple when I took DS away.