Author Topic: 4 week old schedule  (Read 898 times)

Offline fitnessburn

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 08, 2014, 22:24:48 pm »
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. I have a 4wk old (1 month tomorrow) and need help establishing a flexible routine! My lo wakes up around 6:45am. The first two naps of the day are fine, but it is down hill after that. She is fussy and does not want to go to sleep. At night she is eating every two hours. I tried to cluster feed her last night (6:30, 8:30) and dream feed her at 10:30 and it resulted in her worse night of sleep yet! She was up a lot. I don't know if this is a conicidence or not.

Any suggestions for better naps during the day and sleep at night?

Thanks!!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 4 week old schedule
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 08:56:13 am »
Have you read the BW books? There is also some good info about getting started here: Starting EASY - all you need to know and more!

Basically given how young she is I would concentrate mainly on establishing a very rough EAS pattern - so feed when she wakes, quick burp and nappy change, possibly a few mins lying on mat etc then settle for a sleep.  Try to avoid feeding to sleep where you can but at this age it's inevitable it will happen sometimes.  One thing that can really help with settling and longer naps is ensuring you don't keep LO awake too long - Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

Have a read through and then let us know if you have more questions :)