Author Topic: Can anyone help me with an easy tweak.. Routine forming but BT not been good  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Honeymonster

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
After bouncing between 2 and 3 naps and lots of OT/UT cycles and 45 min naps, I think I can finally finally say after 7whole months some sort of a routine seems to have formed this week.. OT night wakenings seem to have stopped and she's back to sleeping from bed to 4/5am then back down until wake, waking crying an hour after bed is lessening, However I'm now getting drama at bedtime- she knows how to self settle amazingly well when the conditions are right and goes down for both naps without a peep but has been crying a lot at bedtime so what needs tweaked?

The past couple of days have looked roughly like this give or take 20mins depending on wu:

Night feed: anywhere between 3-5.30am
7.30: Wake:
8.00:BFeed:  usually just thirsty and takes some foremilk here as full up from night feed
8.30: offer breakfast but rarely eats much
10.00: takes a full breastfeed or about 6oz of expressed
10.20-11.20: (sometimes hour and a half but rarely) nap -is usually seeming very tired by now
12.30: lunch
1.30: takes full bottle of 8oz expressed
2.20-4:nap, occasionally sleeps to 4.20
5: breast feed one side
5.30: dinner
6.30: breast feed other side and recently has been needing topped up with bottle too.
7-8??bed depending on when she woke up.

I've been aiming to have her in bed for 3hrs after wakening from nap but she screams the min I put her down and if I pick her up she just laughs and starts playing and chatting.. I think she maybe needs longer A time before bed? But also worry it's OT behavior as at other times of the day if you put her to bed early she just plays? She has just recently been feeding alot too and will regularly take 10+ oz between 5 and 7pmi think she prob needs more solids but she knows her own mind and only eats what she wants so I can't force it. Some days she bareley wants solids!

She never seems overly tired before any naps or bed just now as she's a bit if an angel/text book so it's hard to tell. Sometimes I think she's just playing wanting up!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Sorry you've had no replies yet. At 7 months 3h A time may be a touch on the short side so I would be tempted to push BT 15 mins later to begin with, and see if that helps. You may also find you can push your first A time a touch if you are typically getting around an hour's nap first thing and that may help with being more tired later in the day x

Offline Honeymonster

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Thanks jessmum, I seem to keep getting stuck in these it/OT cycles and every time we finally get in a routine I don't work out the signs of needing a push quick wnough and it all goes wrong! The last three days have gone so wrong (I think to begin with due to UT) but now seriously Ot as the last three days we've had one 45 min nap and one 20min AP nap! Today was one hours nap all day and couldn't get her back down the rest of the day!! So she had bed at 5.30pm and has been OT waking and screaming ever since! All the night waking a have started again too! I feel so defeated as it's my third week back at work this week and I've barely slept at all! Only back part time but I really thought we'd have more of a routine by now! Today first nap was the usual 1 hour then put her down after 3 hours a time, but I'd made an extra effort to do lots in that time to tire her out. She just chatted in her cot in between little cries. After 40mins I just got her up as it was clear she wasn't going to sleep an by tha point it was too late to try and AP a nap and I was soooo tired from being up all night last night too I didn't have th energy to go out in the buggy again..wishing I did now though as she's been waking every hour since bed. Tomorrow is another day I suppose. Def need a good push in those A times though I think.

I get stuck in this fear of OTness as we had so much of it when she was younger and it effects night time sleep so much.. But I think my fear Is it means I end up putting her down UT which results in poor naps then it anyway. I also really really struggle to read her sometimes as she's such a good wee thing and she'd quite happily stay up for hours on end without so much as a moan or a grizzle so I'm always worried about missing her window too.

I'm really not sure how to get back on track now I'm so shattered.. Just need to refocus tomorrow I think.

Offline jessmum46

Hugs, tomorrow is a new day. Maybe bump up to 3h15 first A time, hold it for a few days and see where that gets you x

Offline Honeymonster

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Unfortunatly we've scraped through on 2x 45 min naps the past two days by having a super early bedtime as yesterday we had to have naps in the car as had to go out most of the day unfortunatly and today was her second time of her granny watching her. I'd left pretty clear instructions but she had 3hrs 40 first A time (havnt quite worked out why yet and don't want to quiz and make mother in law feel like she's doing something wrong) but had OT naps rest of the day. I'm going to work again tomo unfortunately but going to suggest she puts her down a tad early again to try and catch up as I feel she's getting some built up overtiredness now. Poor we things the fussiest I've ever seen her tonight in ages. Funny thing is when my mum watches her which is every second week, she sleeps better than she does for me!! But my mum is very in tune to these things and has also spent ages discussing it all with me!

Offline jessmum46

Can't be helped sometimes, fingers crossed for a good catch up x