Author Topic: 3 Month old waking every 2 hours  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Bebesal

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 06, 2014, 13:19:49 pm »
Hi all!!! I haven't been on here since my last baby 2+ years ago! But you all were so helpful then I thought I'd give it a try again!!! My LO is 3 months old she was sleeping fantastic going from 10:30 dreamfeed- 3:30/4 however she hit a major growth spurt where she wanted to every every couple hours in the night. Now her growth spurt seems to be over (she's doing a longer stretch in the beginning of the night) but after she wakes up to fed she's up every 2 hours after that and I'm not quite sure what to do. She can't be hungry after I just fed her can she??? (she EBF and eats on both sides when she wakes up) So she's been going from 9-2am and then she'll wake at 4am, then 6am. I usually just give her her pacifer at 4am and she goes right back to sleep then at 6 feed her.... Here's what our EASY schedule looks like typically:

E:I feed her at 6 but then she usually goes back to sleep until 7:30 so I feed her again at 7:30 to start her day
S: 9-10
E: 10:30
S: 12-1:00
E:1:30
S: 2:30-4:30
E: 4:30
S: 5:45-6:30
E:6:30
E: 9 then bed.

Any help would be sooo appreciated!!! thank you!!! 

Offline Bebesal

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 13:53:19 pm »
I changed her bedtime to early (8 or 8:30) to see if that would help and it didnt :( I would really love some advice! I also have a 2 year old with a lottttttt of energy and so I'm not able to nap during the day either! help pleaseeee!

Offline Bebesal

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 17:27:17 pm »
She's still getting up every 2 hours. Anyone have any advice??

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 3 Month old waking every 2 hours
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 18:22:09 pm »
Hi hun, I'm so sorry your post was missed. I don't know what happened there. Anyway, welcome back!

I would've said to bring BT earlier from 9pm as that's a long A to bed. But you said 8pm is not making much difference?

The naps are a little on the short side, but still considered restorative. I would consider adding 10mims onto the A times to see if the naps lengthen a bit. I can see you're getting a decent nap in around 2.30pm which is great.

I think as long as she's not having long drawn out NW's, it's not going to be too much down to the routine. Also, if she goes back to sleep at that 4am wu easily, I'd doubt she needs a feed as you said.

Is the first half of the night still going ok?

Offline Bebesal

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 13:28:58 pm »
Thank you soooo much for your reply!!! last night was a very rough night she was up every 2 hours: midnight, 2am, 4am, 6am... is it possible that she just can't sleep longer than 2 hours??? she always goes back to bed very easily with me just patting her or occasionally putting her binky in and it's always just her mantra cry, however that cry is VERY loud (it's more like squacking haha) and her room is right next to my 2 year olds so I can't let her cry very long.  I really don't know what else to do.  Her naps are on the shorter side so I will try to increase her awake time to see if that helps... She's a very good happy baby! she just doesn't want to sleep longer than two hours.... ;) any other suggestions?

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 3 Month old waking every 2 hours
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 15:54:24 pm »
Just want to check hun, how does she fall asleep for naps and BT? Is she an independent sleeper usually?

Is she closer to 3mo or 4mo hun? I'm hoping it's not the 4mo SR  :-\