Author Topic: 7mo: Long nap, short nap, and then what?  (Read 852 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
7mo: Long nap, short nap, and then what?
« on: September 10, 2014, 15:29:00 pm »
My 7mo LO just transitioned to 3.15h A (from 3hr) and now I am getting much longer naps! Hurray
What I'm wondering about is how the day winds down? His first nap is long (easily 2.5h) and his second will be 45min-1h (depending on how long his first nap is, I will usually wake him up for a total daytime sleep of 3-3.5h). Anyway, if everything goes a little later, does that mean that his A time at the end of the day is shortened? He does seem to go to sleep ok, but I'm always worried that his nap is getting too late in the day.
For example, today, he woke up at 8am and so everything got moved to later slots. Do I have to then put him to bed later too? I'd like to stick to his 7/7:30pm bedtime routine.

And when he starts doing 3.5h A time, what will that look like?
And when does the second nap get dropped? (not something I want to rush to do, of course).

Sorry so many questions!
Cheers

My current EAS looks like this:
7am WU BF
8am Solids
10:15-12:15 S (can sometimes go on to 2.5h)
12:15 BF
1:15 Solids
3:30-4:15 S (I usually cut off after 1h)
4:15 BF
5:15 Solids
7 BF
7:30 BT
10:30 DF

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 7mo: Long nap, short nap, and then what?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 20:02:03 pm »
In the interest of preserving BT,  you could probably trim that last nap back a bit, even to 30-45 minutes and then a 2.5ish A after that so day doesn't get too late. I would say that your  start LO is probably transitioning now, if they can do a 3 hour A you can typically cutting back on 2nd nap, while moving 1st nap closer to mid-day. Have a look here:All about the 3-2 transition- 5/6 months Hope this helps!

Maryn

[/url]