Author Topic: Just learned to crawl & sit, now practicing at night time....  (Read 765 times)

Offline rachaelcole

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Just learned to crawl & sit, now practicing at night time....
« on: September 12, 2014, 20:21:00 pm »
...bless DD (10 mo). This evening the poor poppet was really trying to go to sleep (is an independent sleeper), but it's as if her body just get jerking, crawling, sitting etc regardless lol 😄 It must be so over whelming for them! She can go from laying to sitting now (only learned today) & can do sitting to laying, so I know she's not 'stuck'. I have a video monitor so even if I can see she has sat up, of she's not making a sound I've not been going to lay her back down (I figured if I didn't have a video monitor I wouldn't know something was up unless she told me!), but if she's cried I've just gone in, laid her back down & reassured you that it's night time. A little difficult to settle as she seems do excited by her new found skill-is this the right thing to do? I know we are likely to be in for a few rough nights.

Any other advice as to whether I can do anything more for her?

Just in a side note now she can go from laying to sitting, she can also pull up to standing-I'm super nervous of her climbing out-I've heard cot bumpers can be used as a climbing aid by LO's so should I remove it now?

TIA

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Just learned to crawl & sit, now practicing at night time....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 21:17:30 pm »
It sounds like you're doing all the right things.  Crib bumpers are actually discouraged here in Canada so I don't have any BTDT experience for you but if you lower the mattress she should be ok.  This restlessness is pretty typical as babies acquire new movement, their muscles have a hard time relaxing.  They just want to keep practicing, even when LO is exhausted!  It'll pass, just keep up the good work!

Offline rachaelcole

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Just learned to crawl & sit, now practicing at night time....
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 20:08:20 pm »
Thank you for your reply-I've also just made sure she is super drowsy before putting her in her cot. Normally she goes in quite alert, but I put her I bit more drowsy tonight & only had to lay her back down 3 times (an improvement on last nights 10!).

I love watching her skills develop & we give lots of practice during the day so I'm hoping she'll be more settled in a few days - poor thing is exhausted from the later nights!