Author Topic: Night wakings for my 6 month old... i think I need reassurance! !  (Read 864 times)

Offline laurab0228

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Night wakings for my 6 month old... i think I need reassurance! !
« on: September 13, 2014, 19:32:16 pm »
So  my 6  month old daughter has been waking a few, times during the night.  I'm not sure if it's hunger or something else.

Some background: i started sleep training her at around two months and things were going well for about a month or two.  She was sleeping all the way through the night. I even heard her get up in the middle of the night and then settle herself back to sleep. I was happy because i thought I was doing the right thing.  But then at about 5 months,  she was waking once at varying times throughout the night, so i assumed she was hungry. She would feed, then go right back to sleep until morning.  About two weeks ago, i started her on solids. I had hoped that she wouldn't be hungry at night anymore, But now she's waking multiple times.  I feed her and she seems to eat quite a bit and then go back to sleep.  Now, we just came back from a 4 day vacation where she didn't sleep well (she's never seemed to sleep well in somewhere that isn't her own bed). She woke up 4-5 times a night on vacation.  I didn't feed her every time but i did use quite a bit of APOP so she could get some rest as well as us. Now that we are back i'm trying to get her back on track but i'm worried that she's hungry and i should be feeding her. Should I not be feeding her? I don't think she's going through a growth spurt. Like i said she's not waking at the same time but various times. I just want to make sure i'm doing the right thing. 

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Night wakings for my 6 month old... i think I need reassurance! !
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 01:59:58 am »
If she's waking at various times, it could very well be hunger.  Waking at the same time every night would suggest a habit is forming.  Do you go in as soon as she makes noise, or only if she cries? 

Offline laurab0228

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Night wakings for my 6 month old... i think I need reassurance! !
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 02:52:01 am »
I go only when she cries and i usually give her five minutes too.