Author Topic: Looking for Scheduling help - Breastfeeding Fulltime Mom 6mo  (Read 795 times)

Offline kellyleia

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Looking for Scheduling help - Breastfeeding Fulltime Mom 6mo
« on: September 15, 2014, 15:36:02 pm »
I'm having trouble trying to figure out the right schedule for my guy. He'll be 6 months on the 19th. We've been on a 3 hour easy schedule. I know he's probably a little too old for it, but he's only recently started having not so great naps. I think he's ready for 4 hours. Overall, he's somewhere between a textbook and angel baby (I know we're very lucky). I've looked all over the internet, but can't see to find the right information. I work full time, but am lucky enough to have in home child care at my next door neighbor's house. I drop him off around 7:40am, and get back to him by 4:20.

Here's our current schedule
4:45am - BF, back to sleep
3 hour cycle really starts at 7am
7 - 8:30 - Breastfeed and Activity
8:30 - 10 Sleep
10 - 11:30 - Bottle at daycare/Breastfeed if home and Activity
11:30am - 1pm - Sleep
1pm - 2:30 - Bottle at daycare/Breastfeed if home and Activity
2:30 - 4:00 - Sleep
4:00 - 6:15 - Daycare pickup, breastfeed at home, activity, cereal mixed with breastmilk at 5:30
6:15 - 7ish - Cat nap
7 - 8 - Breastfeed, bath, bed

I know that to maintain my supply, I need to physically feed him twice before work and twice after work. We're only doing the cereal at home for the time being. Once he's gotten better at eating most of it, and is off the cereal, we're going to have his babysitter feed him. Are there any other full time breastfeeding mamas out there? It seems like there's a dearth of information for this scenario. I know the baby whisperer schedule worked great for us in the past, but the 4 hour version just won't fit in with me working fulltime. He's pretty tolerant, so if we end up doing some activity then eating, I'm pretty sure he won't care. And the whole on-demand breastfeeding never really worked for us. Since we've been on the 3 hour schedule, he never really shows signs of being hungry. Cranky yes, hungry never. Thanks in advance for the help.

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Looking for Scheduling help - Breastfeeding Fulltime Mom 6mo
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 19:04:24 pm »
Hi there, have a look here:
Sample EASY Routines from 0 - 13mths+
Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!
What do you think?

Maryn

[/url]

Offline kellyleia

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 13:22:23 pm »
Thanks for the info. This hopefully will give me some help. These all seem to be routines with stay at home moms. I can't believe I'm the only fulltime working breastfeeding mama out there. Anyone?

Offline Kirsten~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 17:39:43 pm »
Hi there. There is actually a working parents board on here, and one for BFing working moms. You can check those out. I am on maternity leave with LO2 now, but will be back in a month, and I worked FT with my dd too. It is so hard to fit it all in, especially when solids come in to play. Sounds like your issue is getting in a good schedule on more than 3 hrs? Can you try moving to3.5 hrs first before 4? If you went to 3.5 hrs, then you'd nurse at 7, 10:30, 2, 5:30, and then before bed (even if it hasn't been 3.5 hrs). That looks like it would fit in your schedule, but you might have to adjust the cereal a little later or just nurse at 3 instead of 3.5 hrs. My LOs have never done the evening cat nap though, so I can't speak to when that goes away (I think soon though).

Also, are you pumping at work? Pumping with help a lot with keeping your supply up enough to keep BFing. I pumped when she ate while at work, and I also did a nighttime pumping session for a while.