Author Topic: How to start EASY with newborn  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Renatapogacnik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to start EASY with newborn
« on: September 19, 2014, 19:56:20 pm »
Hello, we are expecting a baby in a few days. I Would like to start the EASY as soon as possible, do you have any suggestions? What to do for the first month, should i start the clusterfeed and everything that is written in the babywhisperer book? Does anyone has any experiences or advices? Thank you!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: How to start EASY with newborn
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 09:27:29 am »
Have a look at these to start with:

Starting EASY with a newborn-What to Expect
Getting started - how I survived the first 3 months

Let us know if you can't find answers to your questions there :) good luck for the delivery!

Offline Renatapogacnik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 16:21:57 pm »
Thank you!
I have just one question, if i bf from 7.30-8.00, should the next bf be at 10.30 or at 11.00- should i count the time for next feeding from start or from the end of previous bf? And do you think it is better to change the diaper befor or after feeding?
I hope these are not silly questions, thank you for your help.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 11:15:06 am »
Count from start of one feed to start of the next :) so if first one is 7.30-8, next one is 10.30 (or sooner if your LO is hungry).  I would change the diaper after feeding for two reasons - one because it separates eating from sleeping so you avoid feed to sleep associations, and two because in my experience feeding tends to lead to a dirty nappy!

Offline Renatapogacnik

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 10:46:06 am »
Thank you i am now starting EASY or let say better trying to:/ i have a problem, our son is now 4 days old and we are BF every 3h, than we burp, change diaper, talk and that i swadle him and put him in cot. I tried shush path but after 10 min he starts crying and when i take him out he starts puting him hand in his mouth like he is hungry( but he eats good, his weight goes up ok, so i dont think he is hungry), if i gave him dummy he falls a sleep immediately or if i bf him at that moment is the same. Should i make a total darkness at this age or cover his eyes? But still he is only 5 days old mybe i am going with all this EASY too fast? What about A time: with BF, burping and diaper changing he has 50 min A time, mybe too much?

I need some help here... Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 15:08:40 pm by Renatapogacnik »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 07:19:16 am »
A time sounds good, I would take it easy on both of you with shh pat for now and just get him to sleep in any way you can.  Although Tracy said to start as you mean to go on, in reality many of us have found it is several weeks before shh pat and crib naps start to really happen.  It was about 8 weeks for us I think, before that all naps were in sling, pram etc.  Maybe you could just use a gentle shhhing and pat in your arms to start to get him used to it, but then hold him if that's what he needs to sleep.  Congratulations!