Author Topic: Tiered of NWs, advice pls.  (Read 1132 times)

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Tiered of NWs, advice pls.
« on: September 22, 2014, 18:11:33 pm »
DD has never STTN. NWs have been all over the place. From one up to 10+.
She was/is teething and had many many NWs that have started to lessen. But she still wakes 2-3 times.
One of those is at 3am. It used to be anywhere between 12 and 2 but the Ive noticed that lately she wakes at 3.
Sometimes she drains the bottle, sometimes she will take 1-3oz.
Is this habitual waking? Should I try w2s? Id love to take it down to 1 wakings (this means that I need to work to drop the df)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Tiered of NWs, advice pls.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:54:03 am »
Hugs hon, you have had a rough time :-*
At this age, if it's not pain then I'd say yes it's either habitual or prop related. :-\
Definitely give w2s a shot, I liked to to try it first because it's so gentle on everyone. You need to really go in around 2 if the NW is at 3. Just stir her.

If to to doesn't work.WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO. (Wow sorry caps) Try ditching the bottle and see if it helps or do a bit of PD or something else?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline dache

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 17:24:07 pm »
I forgot I posted this.
Im getting upset bc she is taking 3 bottles at night now, a df anywhere between 9 and 10.30, 12ish and 3ish. And she drains all of them now. I wanted to increase her food intake starting today but she started spitting up food a few days ago and spit up a lot today, and with milk she had a 5 oz,a 2x4oz and 4.5oz. At night she does 3x6.  ::)
I set up an alarm clock to wake me up at 2 but didnt had the chance to use, she is ether awake or had just gotten to sleep.
I tired giving her diluted formula but she gets upset bc she knows its not milk as usual.
What I want is my wishful thinking to work and for her to sttn on her own :D
After everything my crying tolerance is very low. Doing PD Im not sure wont cave in :/ Its hard for me to listen to her while she goes asleep.
Anyway, thanks for the support and advice. xx

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 20:18:47 pm »
Yk if there's any discomfort pd won't work anyway, and I think it sounds like she may still be in discomfort? What do you think? Any teeth coming? - how's the reflux and meds going?
***Sara***

Offline dache

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 08:50:09 am »
Well guess what? w2s worked. ;D
She had a bottle at 1.30 and when the alarm clock sounded off I though there was no point to it but since I was already up I decided Im going to do it anyway. She slept until 5.30 when she tried pooping and want back to sleep with the paci until 7!
Also I did the formula as said on the box and not as the pharmacist said (one less scoop bc of the constipation), so that might have had something to do with it.
How long do I continue to do this now? I think it was 4 days then a few days break and then if needed another 4 days?  ???

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 09:07:03 am »
What about giving it a good 4-5 days and see if it works each night or at least most nights. :-\ great it worked last night :D I found sometimes w2s worked a treat ;)
***Sara***

Offline dache

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 06:47:48 am »
Poor dh. I had 2 alarms set last night, one for w2s another for him. I forgot about the w2s and woke him at 2 saying its time go. After he got dressed he realized that its too early  :)

I did w2s after the confusion and it worked as before, she woke up at 5.30 but she woke up a every 10-15 minutes after that.   She was up for the day at 6.20. Could this be bc she had an early bt? Had a poor nap day last nap ended at 2.20 so I put her to bed 4h after. ???
This was the first time in ages since she want trough 6 1/2h at night without a feed. I feel its quite a progress.
My mind sees all the possibilities to do after this is sorted.  :D And ether she is getting easier to settle or Im getting better at settling her but she woke up around 10.30 last night, 2h after the df (dont ask :) ) and I managed to settle her with shhhhh and a hand on her chest. That`s how I did it again this morning.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 08:39:54 am »
Well done, your making such progress Hun.

I had a wee giggle at your mishap  :-X it's so something I would do too. Poor DH hope he got back to sleep :P
***Sara***