Author Topic: Getting worse!  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Pinkviolet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 13:46:06 pm »
They are set times unfortunately and I've already paid for a set of sessions so am kind of stuck with that time for now.

We had a bad night on Saturday, lo was up for an hour in the night then up for the day at 5.30am. However naps yesterday were fabulous ( I think he was catching up) in the morning he had an a of 2hrs 45 mins ( hubby was in charge! Lol! Hence short a time) however he slept for 1hr 40 mins then he had a second A of 3hrs 45 (seemed to cope great and went off like a dream!) and he slept for 1hr 30mins !! Then last night he slept 6.45pm to 5.40am with a few stirs but I didn't need to go in. I think if he has good naps he sleeps well at night.
Today has gone like this;
WU- 5.40am  7oz milk
A
E breakfast 8 am
A
S-9.15 for 1hr (woke abit grumpy but fine after few mins)
E mid mornings milk 10.30
A
E-12.30 lunch
A
S-1.45pm  ( woke at 30 mins re settled till 14.35)

Do you think the second a was too long?? Im going to try for bet tonight to combat ot, but keep having to do ebt due to erratic naps and its just pushing the whole day forward!

Offline Pinkviolet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 07:42:55 am »
So we had 3 wake ups last night. The first two, which were at 2 and 3.30, he settled relatively well in the cot but then at 5am took 45 mins to settle, fell asleep for ten mins then we fed him. He then fell back to sleep till 7.30. This means our naps will be all off again today. I'm at a loss of what to do! He went to bed at 6.30 last night, earliest we could do, but didn't fa to sleep till 7.10! Overtired I suspect due to total naps of 1hr 50 mins yesterday:(

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Getting worse!
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 08:20:49 am »
Mmm is he teething? Some of this looks like teething disruption :-\ 
It's hard to tell if this is UT/OT that pm nap looks more like discomfort than OT, or the resettle would have prob got you a longer nap.

It's either routine that's a bit wonky (so typical at this age) or teeth, just not sure what really.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Pinkviolet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 09:07:44 am »
I think teething is definately part of it, but he has been teething for months and months with no teeth to show for it so I'm not sure really. I do give him gels and powders for his gums but don't like to give paracetamol for 'just in case' if you know what I mean. He never really seems bothered by it to the extent to which is think he needs paracetamol. If he does though, I do give it.

I also think it is a routine issue, but its hard to keep to a routine when the sleep is wonky. We always feed at roughly the same time, meals at the same time roughly and bedtime bottle is always at 6, with bath/book/ bed following. We do the same wind down for naps, saying the same things, closing the blinds/ curtains, little story, cuddle then into the grobag and asleep. But because of waking in the night and erratic naps, the wake up/ get up time is never the same. Sometimes he'll be wide awake at 5-6am, have his milk and won't go back off, other times he has his milk and falls right back to sleep for an hour plus. Maybe I just need to accept that my little fella isn't a great sleeper and just go with it... And accept we're going to have disturbed sleep for the next few years :(

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Getting worse!
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 18:35:33 pm »
When I say routine issue, I dont mean it's your fault Hun, or necessarily anything you can do other than tweak as best you can. I remember this age with T and it's rubbish. ::) they need sleep, but they fight it, teething gets in the way as does crawling etc.

To some extent yes, you have to go with it. What I did was tried to keep a com instant settling process at night best I could. Apop naps to resettle if I had to in order to prevent too much OT. And keep that first A time age appropriate. In your case the appropriate A is probably for him 3hrs15-20 or so.

Hugs
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Pinkviolet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 18:59:34 pm »
Thanks for the support, just feel like crying I'm so tired.  Posted on the EASY forum too to see about routine, but maybe like we've said, I just need to go with the flow. I have been apoping naps to re settle sometimes it works, other times not. Today he was still sleeping after 50 mins for his am nap but I had to wake him :( which I hate doing, but I had a doctors review for the reflux so had to go. Then he had another 40 mind later on, then I squeezed in a catnap of 20 mins, otherwise it would have been 5 hours to bedtime!

I'm going to go to bed early tonight and try to be more positive that this will fall into place at some point ( I hope!) and really try to be consistent with the easy routine and A times. If that means missing the groups I'm signed up to for the next couple weeks then so be it, is far rather a nights sleep! Lol!

Thanks for all your help. You're a star! X