Author Topic: 7 month old EASY  (Read 733 times)

Offline JaxMomNeedsSleep

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7 month old EASY
« on: September 24, 2014, 15:07:44 pm »
My 7 month old DD has been sleeping terribly lately.  At six months old she slept through the night once, but the norm was for her to wake once per night around two or three AM.  At 7 months old she started waking 3 - 4 times per night.  I thought she was ready to drop from 3 to 2 naps, so I tried that for a week with no success.  She is bottle fed, but isn't really interested in her bottles anymore, and it has become a struggle to get her to drink a bottle 3 times in the day, at 6 oz each.  I used to do 4 feeds in a day, every 4 hours, but she was barely drinking anything.  I have tried to cut back on solids, but that hasn't made a difference.  Here is a sample of our EASY:

Wake:  5:50am

Eat:  6:30am, bottle 6 oz
A:  2.5 hours
S  8:00 for anywhere from 45 min to 1.25 hours

E:  Solids at 10:00am, bottle 6 oz at 12:00pm
A:  3 hours
S:  1:00 for 45 min to 2 hours

E:solids at 3:30
A:  3 hours
Bedtime:  6:00pm, bottle 8 oz

Wake ups at 11 or 12pm, and 3am, fed a 6 oz bottle if it has been over 4 hours since last feed.

I feel like my EASY is a mess.  Can someone take a look and tell me how to tweak it?

Thanks so much!

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 7 month old EASY
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 00:27:47 am »
Well, I think if you don't want to feed her at night, you need to get that 4th feed back during the day.  Her milk feeds are very far apart for a 7mo old.  Tracy also suggested that milk always come before solids until closer to 1yr, as milk should still be the main source of nutrition.  So, I'd do solids ~1hr after morning milk feed and again for lunch. I also think she needs more A time in the morning to get a consistent good nap, which will also help to push the milk feeds farther apart to hopefully help her drink more. 

So, maybe something like this...
W 6am
E 6:15/30am (solids 7:30am)
A (~3hr)
S 9-10:30am
E 10:45/11am (solids 12pm)
A (~3hr)
S 1:30-3pm
E 3:15/30pm (solids 4pm, if you want... maybe just some smaller finger foods to insure full milk feed before BT)
A (~3hr)
E 5:45pm
S 6pm

And if you want to actively get rid of the NFs, I'd try to start reducing oz in one bottle at a time to get them back in the day. Bear in mind, I've never FF, so you may want to take all of this with a grain of salt, but that's what I'd start trying.  What do you think?

Offline JaxMomNeedsSleep

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 14:32:45 pm »
Thanks, it didn't even occur to me to cut down the night feeds and replace in the day.  I will give that a try for the next week or so and reevaluate.  Thanks for your help!

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 15:09:47 pm »
Good luck... let us know how it goes!