Author Topic: I can't seem to get this right and am confused!  (Read 8353 times)

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: I can't seem to get this right and am confused!
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2014, 01:37:39 am »

What do you think about setting that first A time at 3 hrs and then short nap, then aim for a longer pm one? I think I did that with ds1 around 9 mo.
I think that's a good place to start and am going to try it tomorrow. We have a full afternoon tomorrow with visiting DH's work and then a Halloween birthday party, so I'm sure it'll all go pear shaped at some point, but worth a try as what we're doing now is just not working.

Katherine - What are you aiming for in your naps?

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2014, 08:39:38 am »
Katie I'll pm you xx

Offline shresmummy

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2014, 09:07:11 am »
Good luck with that Katie.. Hope it works for you. I need to rethink my strategy somehow too. It's all falling apart here. Fingers xx for you!

Offline katie80

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2014, 19:23:00 pm »
Is ok that I continue to reply here? Haven't got any replies on my set naps post and that's ok, I would just like to continue to get a little outside perspective. It's only been two days of trying something different and I know that's not enough to prove anything, but I don't know that it's going to work to go 'backward' as he's so hard to get down. :-\

Yesterday, I tried for 3h A, 45ish min nap, 2.5h A, longer nap. It didn't end up totally like that, but really not bad. It looked like this...
W 6:30am
A (3h12m)
S 9:42-10:12am (30min)
A (2h45min)
S 12:58-2:12pm (1h15m)
A 3h50min
S 5:05-5:35pm (30min), in car as was going to be a later night due to Halloween and prep for DST ending
A 2h
S 7:30/45pm (not really sure)

So, I tried for the same today and it was an epic fail. Couldn't get him down, spent 45min doing PD with a screaming baby. I was upset and the rest of the family was too. Here's what happened...
WU 7:30ish (not totally sure)
A (tried for 3h, didn't go)
E 11:30am
A (total A was 4h15min)
S 11:45-1:15pm!!

So, maybe I've underestimated his A this whole time?!? Feeling like the worst BW ever!! I know that one nap doesn't prove anything as said above. But, maybe I should go back to pushing the morning A. I know, I know I'm totally waffling. I just really want something to work as after 8.5mo, we could really use some stability around here.

What do you think?! Push to 3h45min A and then keep going until I get a decent nap? I've never had a high A time kid before (obviously! ::) :-[). Thanks for your patience with me, I apologize for being so indecisive!!

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2014, 19:30:11 pm »
Just got a sec now hun and will be back, but can you link your set naps post?

Offline katie80

« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2014, 20:47:09 pm »
Sure... Laura just replied, so here it is. Set naps at 8.5mo... any experiences, what does it look like?

Offline shresmummy

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2014, 23:44:05 pm »
Katie your second day when it didn't work is looking like my day today.. I wonder if I too am not pushing enough..I know lots of mums have success with set naps so maybe it's just a matter of persisting. Hope the rest of your weekend goes ok..and clock change too

Offline shresmummy

• Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2014, 02:34:10 am »
Katie, how was he after he woke rom that nap? Was he happy or was the nap just under 1.5 hr? I've seen before sometimes 1hr25 min nap is ot. This morning DS dis the same thing. But he woke screaming at 1h25 mins...I'm feeding now,. Did you end up doing another nap later in the day?

Offline katie80

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2014, 04:31:58 am »
He never really wakes happy, so it's hard to tell. I definitely got OT 1h25min naps with DD when she transitioned to one nap, so it could be a possibility. Was really tired this afternoon... screamed again when I tried for another nap, so took him out for a drive. :P Not sure what's going on.

Since I'm mostly working on naps, I should stick to the other thread now. Thanks so much, ladies, for your encouragement and support! :-* :-*