Author Topic: 4.5 month old waking every 1 to 2 hours at night  (Read 1093 times)

Offline elldmng44

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4.5 month old waking every 1 to 2 hours at night
« on: September 26, 2014, 15:58:35 pm »
My 4.5 month old baby girl was sleeping fairly well at night with 4 hour runs. She would have to be swaddled and would not sleep in the crib and only in the Rock n Play sleeper.  (She has reflux and was extremely fussy for the first four months.) We have been trying to transition her out of the swaddle and into the crib, and it has been a disaster.  And now she is waking up every 1 to 2 hours at night even when she is swaddled and in the sleeper.  I always nurse her or lightly bounce her to get her to go back to sleep. I have tried everything and don't know what to do.  Any advice is appreciated.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 4.5 month old waking every 1 to 2 hours at night
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 12:03:11 pm »
Hi and welcome to BW! Sorry you've not had a reply as yet. How's things going now?

That does sound like the 4mo sleep regression I'm afraid. You'll see tonnes of posts about that on here at the mo.

What's the day like? Would you mind posting your easy to see if anything stands out? How's her milk intake during the day? Is she ebf or ff? Do you think she's waking from hunger at all? There's also a GS around now  ::)