Author Topic: what to do when EASY runs "late" for the day  (Read 1000 times)

Offline jay2yay

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
what to do when EASY runs "late" for the day
« on: September 29, 2014, 21:23:36 pm »
Hello, what do you all do if your LO sleeps in, or nap goes on longer, or for whatever reason, the traditional EASY routine is being pushed later in the day, making BT pushed back? Do you cap a nap to bring up BT? Skip the CN? How do you adjust feedings? Thanks!
Justine

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: what to do when EASY runs "late" for the day
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 09:57:38 am »
For us it would depend on what caused the lie in or the longer nap. If for instance my LO had a cold or had his vaccinations he might sleep longer and clearly need the sleep. I'd usually put him to bed at the normal time regardless of him having a longer nap.  so really I'd just wing it if it's a one off. Feed as close to your regular E time as you can without worrying about routines etc.
If on the other hand it looks like your regular routine is changing, well, then I'd look at the sleep needs and work out a longer term plan.

Offline jay2yay

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 03:39:32 am »
Usually, it just happens because he happens to sleep in a little longer, say 7:30....and then maybe the first or second nap goes long bc he happens to be sleeping well and I can't wake him up right at the 3 hour mark (because I'm doing something with DS1, what have you) so maybe that feed is 3.5 hrs....now we're and hour or more "later" than normal. What I've been doing is just moving BT back because I don't know how to do it without messing up the number of feeds in a day. The last two days we've done a 8am-8:30ish pm EASY routine. It's a little later than I'd like him to go to bed, but perhaps he's just like his brother and is a night owl  ::)
Justine

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 07:26:29 am »
What I've been doing is just moving BT back because I don't know how to do it without messing up the number of feeds in a day
You could try BT at the regular time and just give the last feed at BT the way you usually would even though it has not been a full E time between feeds. So let's say with your example WU is 30 min later then due to nap length one feed ends up being 3.5hrs, by the end of the day this might mean feeding at just 2hr interval instead of 3hr. That's fine many cluster feed before BT anyway. How does that sound to you? Or have I misunderstood?

Offline Jazelle

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 05:41:26 am »
I second the question:)

If he wakes up later say at 7:45 am are we supposed to wake them up at 7 am or let them sleep?
And do we push the whole routine? So ex mine Is 6months old His First nap is normally around 9:45 do i push it to 10:30?
I noticed that he kinda gets sleepy every Day at the same time in the afternoon, so if I postpone his nap following the 3hrs A time routine he will not make it and cut A time to 2.5hrs.
So...to wake him or not to wake him?

Offline jay2yay

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 04:03:22 am »
Creations, I will have to see how that would play out. I'll figure it out tomorrow, I'm too tired right now lol. But I guess what messes things up is he can only stay awake for about an hour and 20/30 minutes. So, yea maybe the BT feed would only be 2 hours after his last feed, BUT he needs a CN somewhere in there and if he's taking a CN, he won't go back to sleep right away anyway so it would push BT back. Right?? lol   I can't just give him a BT feed an hour and 20/30 minutes after his last feed and put him to bed because 1) he's definitely not hungry and gets frustrated and 2) I don't think that would give him enough A time during the day.

Jazelle- Ideally, I think we're supposed to wake them up at 7 am. But no matter what time they wake up, I think the A time should always remain the same otherwise you're just going to end up with bad naps. I'm not sure I understand the second part to your question.
Justine