Author Topic: Need a routine tweak - 10.5m  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Love, laughter, & PJs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Formerly kmk512
Need a routine tweak - 10.5m
« on: September 30, 2014, 15:40:19 pm »
We still have many, many sleep issues around here (props, teething, etc etc) but right now I'm wondering if we need a routine tweak. DD2 has always been on the low side for A times but where we are right now she is taking a late nap for her 2nd nap and then she's up until after 9 and is a bear to get to bed. Wondering if we are entering the 2-1? If so I'm not sure where to go next.

Here's yesterday (and other days recently have looked similar):

7ish: A
10:15: S (3h15 A time)
11:45: A
3:30 S (3h45 A time)
5:25: A
8:30: try for bed
9:20: Finally asleep after a big fight

Up 3 times overnight, up at 7:15 for the day today

She went down in under 10 min at 10:35

Thoughts? Thanks!
*Kate*

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
Re: Need a routine tweak - 10.5m
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 18:55:04 pm »
So, almost a 2hr second nap ending at 5:25? I guess the first thing I would do would be to cut that to an hr, as my nap limit is no later than 4/4:30. Then, you could go for 7:30 BT. Do you think that would work?

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:14:10 am »
I guess so. Worth a shot. I feel like I forget how to do the 2-1 lol! But, yeah, it's definitely too late. DH said her second nap was short today so I need to find out how bedtime went. I was at work and he is currently snoring beside me. Ha!
*Kate*

Offline katie80

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 19:11:21 pm »
It's so easy to forget, isn't it?!? :P

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 23:42:17 pm »
It is! With good reason, I suppose. Last night when we were up for over an hour with incessant screaming (after I was home late from work and had only been asleep 2h so far, grr!) I swear I was ready to put her up for adoption. It is amazing how delightful she is during the day, mostly, it's like she knows she has to make up for how miserable she makes us at night!

Anyhow, he said bedtime was bit easier last night. Today she woke up on her own at 420 (down at 310) and he's up there with her now (740 here, he's been up there since 720 :P) so we'll see how it goes. I'm in that stage right now where I am so exhausted and it feels like this sleeplessness will never end. We've been working on her sleep for 3m now with what feels like very little progress. She is not even close to independent sleep. Every nap and bedtime involves a lot of crying. She's up 2-6 times per night. It's just terrible for all of us. Ahh! I just want it to get easier. :P
*Kate*

Offline katie80

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 03:34:23 am »
Oh (((hugs))), Kate!! :-* Too bad we can't go out for a coffee date (or a stiff drink!) and commiserate. We are sooooo in the same boat over here and it's starting to drag us all down a bit. At least C sleeps in the day for you. My C doesn't do well either time! ::) DH told a girl at work (who's pg with her second) that she should have just asked us, we would've given her Charlie instead. :P

Anyway... do you think she might still be a little UT at BT? My G is an average/HSN guy and if I remember right, starting at about 10-12mo, he couldn't do much over 2.5hr of daytime sleep if I wanted a good 11.5-12hr night.

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 13:17:25 pm »
Well after all my whining last night was better. Only 2 NWings! Whoo hoo! (Well actually the monitor broke so it could have been more :P BUt I think I would have heard her since I woke for her those two times and usually I hear her easily) So I think you're right we need to start capping her daytime sleep. I hate waking her since we worked so hard for so long to get good naps!

We are going on a field trip to a farm this morning so she might miss the AM nap entirely or get a CN in the carrier. We shall see!

Hugs on your C. This first year is SO hard!!
*Kate*

Offline katie80

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 21:09:59 pm »
Yay for the better night!!! Hope the field trip went well.. sounds fun! :D

I hate waking her since we worked so hard for so long to get good naps!
I get it... just keep telling yourself you'd rather sleep at night! :-*
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 21:29:37 pm by katie80 »

• Formerly kmk512
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 00:35:25 am »
Yay for the better night!!! Hope the field trip went well.. sounds fun!
It was really fun but she slept 40 min on me twice a day. Went down with a bit of a fight around 7. We shall see wht the night brings!
*Kate*