Author Topic: What happens when baby has activites to attend?  (Read 825 times)

Offline watersni

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
What happens when baby has activites to attend?
« on: September 30, 2014, 15:55:02 pm »
My little guy will be 6 months in a few weeks. We started using E.A.S.Y when he was 4 months and it's been going pretty well on the four hour routine. My question is what happens when you've enrolled your little one in things like swimming or play groups and it doesn't fit into the "activity" time in your E.A.S.Y routine. What then? He's pretty good about waking up and going down at the same times everyday, but I also think it will be good for him to get out and meet some other babies. What to do?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: What happens when baby has activites to attend?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 16:34:18 pm »
Hi, going out is just as important for him and you as sleep is, I tried to pick activities that worked around naps but if they didn't I used to just go and wing it really!
Have you got a choice of times etc?
Zoe

Offline Buttonbobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
Re: What happens when baby has activites to attend?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 18:55:34 pm »
We did the same - I took the view that if I took E out one day (which was good for me as well as for her) then I could give her a better opportunity for sleep the next day. A bit like you might choose I go to an event past your usual bedtime and then (pre-children anyway) catch up the next night.

I think there are so many benefits to getting out and about, it is worth the disruption to naps. Also, if your LO is broadly happy in an EAS pattern the odd day or two each week shouldn't challenge that too much.

Have fun!!
~ Naomi ~