Author Topic: Sibling activities - 3.5 yo and 12 month old boys  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Mom-of-boys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Sibling activities - 3.5 yo and 12 month old boys
« on: October 05, 2014, 03:05:44 am »
I'm trying to come up with some fun activities that my two boys can do together, especially now that the weather is not so great for being outside.  Right now, I'm living in a perpetual state of my DS1 being annoyed at DS2 for messing up "his" toys, so I'd really like to help them come up with fun ways to play together.  Is that even possible, lol?  Anyone have any ideas? TIA! :)

Offline goldmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
Re: Sibling activities - 3.5 yo and 12 month old boys
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 17:42:53 pm »
My 2 are closer in age, and younger, and I have the same question!

Being outside, they could both ride bikes/push toys at the same time. We used to do that in our driveway last winter (DS 27 months, DD 15 months) in the bitter bitter cold  :o lol, they both insisted!

Offline Mom-of-boys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 02:28:11 am »
Right now, they play with Mega-blocks together and in the bathtub together and that's about it.  I seem to plan more activities for my oldest while DS2 entertains himself pretty well, but it would be still nice if they could include DS2 because right now it feels like DS1 and I are playing together and DS2 just does his own thing nearby. 

Offline goldmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 12:56:36 pm »
Your DS2 is still very young, as he gets older there will be much more activity for him to join. If he's able to play nearby, that's also considered "joining in".

Occasionally my two will also color together and play with play dough. But that's mostly DS1 playing and DD just being a little involved holding a crayon or two and a separate container of play dough (or should I say, emptying out the crayons and throwing them, and trying to taste the play dough  :D)

Offline ButterflyLily

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 14:59:05 pm »
Occasionally my two will also color together and play with play dough. But that's mostly DS1 playing and DD just being a little involved holding a crayon or two and a separate container of play dough (or should I say, emptying out the crayons and throwing them, and trying to taste the play dough  )

Cute!!! :)