Author Topic: 8mo Standing up at night  (Read 886 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
8mo Standing up at night
« on: October 05, 2014, 14:30:00 pm »
Now that my nearly 8mo old loves to pull himself up to a standing, I'm wondering what to do about it at night?
When I put him to sleep I usually have one hand on his bumm and the other on his upper back to help settle him and keep him from traveling around the crib. (-The traveling has been an issue for weeks! Always moving around and then getting stuck and it could take forever to fall asleep.)
Anyway, his morning nap is 45min (use to be 2hrs) and when I go in the room he's standing up.
At night he does this too but isn't very happy about it.
Is there anything you can do to avoid this? Or is this just the next stage he goes through?
He does get a ton of tummy time during the day.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 8mo Standing up at night
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 17:07:09 pm »
Does he know how to get back down? I spent A time teaching how to get back down (in the crib) so that they learned that they could lay back down themselves. Not that it always worked but at least they had the option!
Heidi

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 08:59:39 am »
That's smart! I'll have to work on that!
I think his naps are wacko too bc his nose is congested. :(

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 11:43:38 am »
If it helps, the best way I taught DD to get back down is to sing 'ring ringa roses' whilst holding her hands. Then when the bit came to 'and we all fall down...', I used to gently coax her into sitting by softly tugging on her arms in a downward motion. Then plop! She 'fell' down. Only to use my hands to get back up again and start again!! She had it nailed within a day or two! Can't say it'll work for everyone but it did here xx