Author Topic: How to drop bottles  (Read 4044 times)

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Re: How to drop bottles
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 23:12:14 pm »
So I tired weaning both bottles at the same time.
Dropped form 180/5 to 150/3. Today I tired 120/3 for the morning bottle. But she is not eating ok, solids or milk, she only had a few oz at each feed so I gave her even more at the df (200ml) and she drank most of it.

Besides her not eating today she`s been waking A LOT!!! this past week. Every 10 minutes, every 30 mins, every hour...Depending of the night. I know she is teething, but she has never woken up this often, do you think that its because of the weaning? Maybe too much at once? She`s been eating fine other days. Is she hungry? I dont know what to think.
Obviously the weaning is all messed up from today. Should I stop and continue at another time or keep trying?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: How to drop bottles
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 12:40:22 pm »
I really doubt the night wakings are from the weaning unless she was using the bottles as a prop to get back to sleep. The DF could be disturbing her as at this age they really don't need the night feeds any more. They don't wake from hunger really, there have been plenty of times my DD has gone to bed after refusing all food from lunchtime and no bedtime milk and not woken.

I would think teeth and development are more likely to be the reason or she's just poorly at the moment. Are you medicating for teeth?

Laura