Author Topic: Easy overhaul  (Read 743 times)

Offline Pinkviolet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: October 07, 2014, 17:17:58 pm »
I've been posting on the nap and night wakening boards for a while. I've had some useful help from Sara zaccsmummy, who has been great. I basically am still having trouble with night wakenings and naps which means its hard to work to any kind of Easy routine. I am trying my best. The lack if sleep is making me want to cry. I will start from scratch with my details and hopefully I can get some guidance.

My lo is 8 months old, he has reflux for which he takes ranitadine and gaviscon. Up till recently he was taking omeprazole but this has been stopped. His reflux is under control. He has recently learnt to crawl and sit up for brief periods. He seems to have been teething for months, but we have no teeth as yet. He slept through the night between 12-17 weeks, often doing 11-12 hours uninterrupted. Naps have always been short 30-40 mins, until I posted on the naps board a while back and with advice realised his A times were way way too short for his age and I increased them to 3 hours. Naps were then 1hr 20 mins twice a day. Sometimes the second nap would be shorter. Then naps started to go back to 30 mins. Night wakes have varied from 14 times on a bad night to 3 on a good night.we have had one sttn a few days ago after he napped well in the day. We get early wake ups from 5-6am. Sometimes this is up for the day. Others, he will go back off to sleep after his bottle for an hour or so.

With help from Sara, I've concluded the problem is partly developmental, possibly teething, and lack of a consistent routine.

I need help with;

Wake up times- do I get him up at 5-6 or let him sleep after being awake? I feel the going back to sleep after the early bottle is interfering with naps?

Determining a contingency plan of naps don't go to plan. When next nap should be, what time bedtime should be, when do you know that A times need pushing?ive pushed to 3hrs 15 and 3hrs 30 but had mixed results.

If like the day to run 7-7 but we seem to be asleep by 7 but awake anywhere between 5-6am, if I try an early bt then we seem to get stuck in a cycle of early wake, early bt.

Basically I'm lost in it all and feel like giving up on Easy...

Any comments welcome. Ill post my easy from yesterday when lo goes to bed. Don't have time right now.

Thanks.

Offline Pinkviolet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 13:27:06 pm »
Okay I'm feeling more positive today!i can't remember my easy from two days ago and yesterday's was all out as I had to wake lo early to go to an appointment. I've decided to start from scratch again. Today has been as follows;

BT last night after 20 min nap yesterday finishing at 5.20.  Bt was at 6.45 but didn't go to sleep till 7.10, woke at 7.20 squealing with excitement because I went back into his room, back to sleep at 7.30, awake 8pm. Total naps yesterday were 1hrs 50 mins.

Night wakes- 1.55 quick settle with dummy. 4am, was wide awake but went off in ten or so mins with dummy.

WU- 5.55
E- 7 oz bottle 6am then up for the day
A
E- breakfast 8 am porridge and banana
A
S-8.55 ( wind down at 8.50, went off easily, woke happy at 10,10am)
E-took 4oz from 7oz bottle 10.20am
A
E-lunch cheese sandwich and yogurt 12 noon
A
S- 13.17 ( was doing the 7 mile stare in the car on the way home from being out at 13.00, but managed to stay awake till we got home then straight to bed). He's still asleep now. If he wakes at 2.30 after 1hr 10, I'm not sure what time to put him to bed tonight? Any advice based on our day? Should I aim for 6.30? Normally like to do bed at 7 but thinking he will be way it by then.