Author Topic: Help with diff start the day times  (Read 830 times)

Offline hayley66

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 08, 2014, 06:40:29 am »
Hi

What would u do when a baby is waking all over the place? He is 12 weeks and just started sleeping through, sometimes he wakes at 6 and won't go back, others at 6, I always do last feed at 8pm as he won't take dream feed and doing 3 hourly feeds.

If he wakes at 6.30 should I give him a small top up at 8 to get on track or just randomly space feeds throughout day to try get to 8pm in equal periods of time? Also on squeezing in naps all over the place to get him to 8pm. Often ill so a pram walk or car drive to squeeze in an extra power nap.

It just feels all over the place, what would u do?

Yesterday:
Awake 6.45 and eat
Sleep 8.15 for 2 hours
Eat 10.15
Sleep 11.30 for 1 hour
Eat 1.30
Sleep 1.45 for 45 mins
Eat 4.30
Sleep 4.45 for 1.5 hours
Eat 7.45
Sleep 8

Today he woke at 6.15 and didn't go back. If I do bed earlier his last feed will be at say 7pm which means he'll start day even earlier tomorrow???

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Help with diff start the day times
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 18:48:20 pm »
I think "all over the place" accurately describes this age! I would try to keep last nap 45 minutes or less and hope that he would tack on his night sleep instead. If he will take a top up at 8, I would go for it, especially as he is so little still. Things will settle out in time, I don't think my DS woke at the same time the first 10 months or so! I would watch that his day doesn't go beyond 13 hours for sure. Hope this helps!

Maryn

[/url]