Author Topic: 6 weeks and wont nap  (Read 855 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
6 weeks and wont nap
« on: October 08, 2014, 18:42:19 pm »
DD2 will go down no problem for her first nap of the day (maybe she thinks its still night time). After that it all goes downhill, we get a short next nap then I feel i'm trying to get her to sleep constantly from lunchtime to BT. She wont sleep in the car, I have got a moby wrap which I thought was great now she just cries when she is in it.

Its hard enough on days I only have her but when I have dd1 as well its a real struggle.

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline nevinsmama

• Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 6 weeks and wont nap
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 18:50:17 pm »
Oh hun! This was me and my DD! Right down to the exhaustion and putting her down for sleep All.Day. it will get easier I promise! What is your day like right now? What are your nights like? Will she go for any other form of AP? Hang in there, you are doing great.

Maryn

[/url]

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 21:45:36 pm »
She generally wakes every 3 hours at night. But last night I put her down forus nap at 6pm a d zhe didn't wake so I df T (:30 and she slept till 5. Then back down until 7:45 maybe just crashing after being awake all day.

Day time I try go putuhet down 1hr ish after wake up. But if that fails she could be up for hours drifting I in and out ic slrin my arms. I never used a dummy with dd1 as I don't want to spend my nights re plugging.  But I use 1 occasionally for dd2 whdn she gets so og and I need to deal with dd1 but I really don't like the thought of her getting too used to it.
As the day gkes on we .mighf get a 20/30 min nap.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:24:03 am by Eva's Mummy »

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline nevinsmama

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 19:09:33 pm »
I wouldn't worry too much about props at this young age, and they do get OT so easily. IS there any other AP you can use to help her cope?

Maryn

[/url]