Author Topic: Waking after bedtime  (Read 888 times)

Offline emily3434

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: October 09, 2014, 12:38:50 pm »
Hi all.  Just to clarify, is waking after bedtime generally overtired?

Ds is 4 months today, the last several days he's been a mess after bedtime, requiring multiple resettlings.  But he's tired.  We will pick him up and he falls back asleep.  Of course we're wonky with naps as well trying to sort things out.  Any thoughts?

Wake 7 bf
Nap 8:45 sometimes we get a 2 hr nap in the am, generally 45 min
I resettle this nap when I can.  Usually just pick him up and hold him an hour more.
Bf10:30-11 whenever he wakes.  Goes easily 4 hrs of asleep, 3.5 if he wakes early

Nap 1.45-2 hrs later.  Always resettle the next nap

Nap 12:30/1
Eat 2:30/3
Nap 4:30/5 
Bed 7

Some nights we just hold him an hour.  Dh prefers that.  It was getting him down for the rest of the night.  I generally put him down, he wakes at 40 min, resettle and he sleeps 20-40 min longer, resettle again, this goes on until I dreamfeed at 10:30/11.  He tired though, not awake and looking around.

He can self settle at the beginning of naps, and has transitioned naps in the past so I know it's possible!!

Trying to get the courage to stop the swaddle.  He Can roll back to tummy, but hates his tummy and can't roll back.  We use bumpers to position him on his back

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Waking after bedtime
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 18:02:47 pm »
It sounds like OT to me, but the routine isn't bad at all (better than ours!!) as long as your resettles don't take too long.  Could be the startings of a prop though....do you hold him to sleep at BT?  Could you try an earlier BT by 15-30 mins to rule out OT?

Offline ljc1977

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 10:04:16 am »
Oo, I can't quite work this out - is LO getting a 3.5-4h nap in one block during the day time??

Offline emily3434

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 19:24:02 pm »
Ijc1977, no one nap is over 2 hours

Thanks again Katherine!  Not sure why I post...just nice to get it out there I guess.  My thought was also ot...but now I question that.  He's a very easy going baby, and wonder if he's just appeasing me by settling, when in fact he's not terribly tired.  Perhaps another push in A time?  We did 2 hrs today for the second A time, he napped 40 min and was awake talking, calling out for quite a while, then I was able to settle him back for the rest of the nap.  When ot I feel like he screams at me, then passes out again with my help.  Dh says he's very wiggle, so I'm thinking ut.  We do hold him to resettle, but always put down awake and thankfully he can self settle for that.  He's given me a few days of a solid morning nap 1.5-2 hrs at only 1 hr 45 min. Going to try 2.10 tomorrow I guess?  Like I've said before…going with the flow as much as I can, before I scream and post!  then I usually feel better :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 23:48:43 pm by emily3434 »