Author Topic: Wi/wo every night for two hours  (Read 2725 times)

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 09:25:27 am »
And here we are again, another night and another waking.....

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 19:23:48 pm »
We are going camping with our church next weekend, we simply can't go if he's like this!!!
It might work out that he sleeps better while camping - being constantly in the fresh air often knocks em out!

I'm sorry this is still going on for you.  How's he doing now?  What happened the day before the night he slept through?  And what's your gut feeling (other than totally frustrated)? Is it a settling issue? Or a tiredness issue (under or over)?

For me, I think I'd try going back to square one, maybe sleep on a mattress in his room for a few nights and see if that helps, with the aim of doing Gradual Withdrawal to get out again. 
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 08:07:45 am »
The day he slept through was no different to the others. Today he was up at 5:30am again and he had a 1 hour nap at 12:20 (yes very late!) and in bed by 6:30pm but took over an hour to get to sleep cos it's really hot at the moment. Anyway he woke up at 8:30pm and he just seemed very upset, so I leaned over to lay him down and he just clung to me. It was like he had had a bad dream or something so I picked him up and swayed with him in my arms til I was able to lay him down and he didn't stir so he went back to sleep. I think something is going on with him. I don't think he's deliberatley staying awake, somethings bothering him. He's woken up with some itchy bites this week and so maybe he's itchy and uncomfortable. I don't know, maybe I'm grasping at straws but it just seems like there's something else. And because he can't tell me he just cries and stays awake :(

Offline weaver

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 09:04:58 am »
:(  sounds awful

What I think I would do, and this is just my feeling so see what you think, is try to encourage him to settle in his cot more but by being with him, iyswim.  So sit or lie down beside his cot and pat his back or hold his hand or whatever.  I would just do that, don't talk to him, don't walk away, just *be* there.  And see if that helps.  If it's emotional rather than anything else, then he probably needs reassurance.  Maybe separation anxiety?
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 19:15:56 pm »
I think yes I need to just "be" with him more. However when I did do the patting beside him for 20mins he still didn't go to sleep.
Last night after that little wake up he slept through til 6:30am!! Yay!! Ugh... The difference? We had a day together yesterday so lots of mummy and baby time. So maybe he wants ME. But with two other kids I can't give him all the same attention as I did yesterday

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Wi/wo every night for two hours
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 19:23:18 pm »
Hey Jo, I've only skimmed your thread so forgive me if this has been covered. T was a rubbish sleeper around this age too and it was a wonder week AND teething those nasty canines. Do you think teething could be playing a part in this? Does medicating help at all? I know you mentioned he has been sick which always makes it hard to get back on track doesn't it. :( hugs
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline *Jo*

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 23:07:04 pm »
Hey Sara, he's still only got 6 teeth. The top four and the bott two and no signs of any others appearing. Medicating doesn't help but you just reminded me that I did give him an antihistamine before bed last night so that might've helped because his exczma is flaring up a little too

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2014, 06:54:37 am »
I must say long, drawn out NWs where LO isn't crying to be fed always point to discomfort of some sort for me.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2014, 09:36:01 am »
I must say long, drawn out NWs where LO isn't crying to be fed always point to discomfort of some sort for me.
Same here,even if it's not obvious initially yk? Could something he's eating be causing pain?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline weaver

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 10:18:09 am »
Yes, if the eczema is flaring up, could that indicate he's eating something he shouldn't?