Author Topic: Where to start with this huge mess?!  (Read 7227 times)

Offline *foxy*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Re: Where to start with this huge mess?!
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 15:50:05 pm »
Thanks Katherine. I had a feeling that was the case. So today he woke at 6.30. Fell asleep in the pushchair at 9 for 45 mins. 2nd nap at 12 for 30 mins. 3rd nap at 2 for 30 mins. Trying for a 4th but he's not really settling. How does that look? I did 1.5 hour A between 2nd and 3rd nap as he was really tired.

Thanks Elise. I just followed the instructions to give him one sachet a day. They are for babies and infants. He had three days of a full sachet then 2 days of half we're now on the second day of none. I'll see how tonight goes. No proper poo today with me but DP said he did a big runny one first thing.

*Kate*

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2014, 16:15:05 pm »
Sounds pretty good hun, I know it's tricky while the morning is a little out of your control.  What time are you going to do BT?  I've chanced 5pm with DS on a very bad nap day, usual is 6/6.30pm x

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 16:34:13 pm »
He did eventually settle for that 4th nap. Had about 20 mins. Thing is he slept until 5.15pm and BT is usually 6.30pm ish. It's almost like he's ready for bed about 4.30/5pm and ready for the day at 4.30/5am. He's never happy after waking from the last nap. Not sure how to fix that and the clocks go back on Sunday!

I would try resettling when he wakes after the last nap but poor DD needs her tea and my attention after school! Maybe he'd resettle quickly? Guess it's worth a try? I'd be worried he'd be awake even earlier though! He's yawning his head off now
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 16:39:01 pm by *foxy* »

*Kate*

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 18:24:24 pm »
Yes I find the end of the day a bit of a disaster usually, but DD needs her dinner and some attention and then before you know it it's her bath time etc....

I think it's worth trying the early BT one day, in fact I read somewhere recently if you're considering whether to do a late nap or an early bedtime you should always choose the latter.  I mean, I can't see him getting up for the day before 5am, his body clock should manage that much, and maybe a longer night would give you a more rested baby to start the day with and try to push the A times a bit?  Maybe try it on a Friday night so you aren't worryinng about school routine etc and can resettle if needed on the Saturday?

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 18:40:45 pm »
He could've probably done with a EBT tonight really. It's half term next week so no school runs! And we're at my mum and dads so I can concentrate on DS's sleep a bit more. He's taken ages to settle. And then woke 10 mins after I'd put him down.

*Kate*

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 19:29:29 pm »
Hugs hun, you are doing such a good job xx

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 19:50:13 pm »
Thank you :)  I needed to hear that. Feel like such a mess sometimes and that I should be doing more

*Kate*

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 08:03:09 am »
What you *need* to do is just be you, that's more important to DS than anything else :-* I bet he doesn't think you're a mess xx

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 09:05:18 am »
Thank you. I will :)

He was slightly more settled last night. We only got 3 WU's between 7 and 10. Woke at 4.30 - did a poo so changed him and he went back to sleep pretty quickly. Then he was up at 5.40 (another poo) and wouldn't settle so DP got up with him. Then he napped from 7.10-7.45.
He's now sleeping after a 2 hour A time. I'm going to try to get a longer nap if I can.

*Kate*

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 10:47:38 am »
Good luck hun, holding your hand x

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2014, 12:29:14 pm »
Things are pretty much the same really. Although last night he did a 3.5 hour stretch which was nice. We've done EBT's 6.30pm and 6pm last night as he wouldn't settle for that last nap at 4.30pm ish. He still woke for an hour between 5.40-7 and 4.50-5.50 last night.

His diarrohea has cleared up and his poo had gone back to normal but this afternoon he did a poo that was full of mucous and didn't smell. I wouldn't have known he'd done one unless I'd seen/heard him do it. Is that food intolerance?

*Kate*

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2014, 06:09:32 am »
We had to go to a+e last night. He's fine but I think I had a panic attack. Didn't her home until 11.30. He was amazing considering it was so late. What to do today? We might be driving up to my parents so he could have a long nap in the car to catch up a bit. He slept until 7am - still with NW's but no long NW which was nice.

*Kate*

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2014, 07:49:19 am »
I'd just play it by ear, there's the time change to deal with too ;). Sorry about the trip to A&E though, hope he's ok now?  Mucousy poops can be due to intolerances but DS gets them when teething or ill with a cold/virus too.

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2014, 18:18:53 pm »
He's fine thanks Katherine - he likes to keep us on our toes! Normal poo this morning so that's reassuring. Slightly random naps today. We'll just see how tonight goes. Like you say, it's the time change tomorrow too

*Kate*

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2014, 20:54:45 pm »
Thinking of you and hope today went ok?