Author Topic: Please help ASAP with today's EASY and how to get back on track after changing time zones  (Read 835 times)

Offline AMJ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Hi dear mommies. 2 days ago we flew from Canada to Serbia where there is 6hrs time difference. Our DD is 18m and usually when we travelled we would be in a bit of a different situation were she would wake at 3/2am ready for the day. Now it's the opposite- she goes to sleep really late and wakes at 12noon for the day. Here our last 2 days

2am BT

12pm WU A
4pm S

5:45 WU
1:00 BT

11:30 WU A

I'm not sure how to get her back to her set times. I would like her schedule to look like this
8 WU
2 S
9 BT (there is going to be day light savings in less then 2 weeks so her BT will change to 8pm.

My question is how do I bring her 1am BT to 9pm bt? Should I skip the nap today all together and have her A from 11:30am to 9pm BT in hopes to bring her wake up back from noon? Hope that makes sense

Thanks a lot!!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:22:34 am by AMJ »

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Please help how to get back on track after changing time zones
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 11:27:50 am »
Yes, I would skip her nap and hope that she then treats nighttime as her long sleep. I couldn't cope with a bedtime that late!

When we flew back to the UK from Canada, and also when we went out there, we just acted as if we'd always been there. So breakfast at normal time, go to bed at normal time - regardless of time difference. Granted DS is a lot older (6.5) but it worked - he adjusted to the 8hr time difference in a couple of days (only time I've ever seen him fall asleep in his dinner!), and by the end of the holiday was staying up late as well.

So you could, if feeling brave, put her down at your desired bedtime tonight and then wake her at your desired wakeup time, to jump start the change in her body clock.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
Thanks for your reply! Great I will do that then. I only hope that she won't think that 9pm BT is her nap  ::)

Honestly this late BT and WU doesn't bother me much. It is so much easier then the other way around. Now I get all the sleep I need to catch up myself from the travelling too.

Thank a lot! Have a great day!  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:34:46 am by AMJ »

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Good luck, hope it goes well!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015