Author Topic: EASY with a 7 week old  (Read 852 times)

Offline Baileysmom31112

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 16, 2014, 17:40:24 pm »
Hi there, I'm trying to do EASY with my seven week old and have some questions. I'm aiming for a 3 hr schedule during the day. He sleeps a lot most days so naps are not a problem but I'm wondering if they are screwing up his early mornings or vice versa. On a good day, our schedule looks like this:
7am eat
8:30 asleep
10:30 awake/eat
11:30 asleep
1pm awake (eat at 1:30)
2:30 asleep
4pm awake/eat
5-5:45 catnap
6:30 eat
7 bedtime

On less good days his awake time between morning naps is less than an hour and I wonder if it's because of his restless early morning sleep. If I try to keep him awake he gets pretty hysterical until I let him go to sleep and sometimes, he will take a 3 hour nap if you let him.

His nights/early mornings pretty consistently look like this: He tends to wake to nurse at 10pm, 12:30/1am and 3 or 4am and then he is very restless from 5-7am often very gassy and wanting to nurse again. He has pretty bad reflux, so I have to keep him upright after nursing at night for at least 20-30 minutes.

A few times, he has slept through the 10pm feed and made it 6-7 hours in the first stretch but I've never been able to shift that longer sleep cycle to later in the night....

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: EASY with a 7 week old
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 18:04:23 pm »
Hi there!  Is he on anything for the reflux? Has he been seen by a Dr? Until he is confortable you can kiss sleep goodbye, especially those early morning hours! At this age, I would just try to follow his cues and let him sleep, but I would keep that AM nap under 2.5 hours in the interest of a less crazy night. Have you seen our reflux board? The ladies on there are just great:Sleep and the reflux baby

Maryn

[/url]