Author Topic: 3 month old wakes every night at 3 then every hour after  (Read 871 times)

Offline ncbs29

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 month old wakes every night at 3 then every hour after
« on: October 20, 2014, 07:35:19 am »
My lo goes to sleep very well every night around 730-8. She sleeps till 3 am without difficulty but every night she has been up at 3 like clock work. I bf her then put her back down, this takes about 30 min. She goes back in crib easily but then anywhere from 30 min to an hour she is back up again. Sometimes she can fall back to sleep on her own if I let her be for 15 min but usually she will only fall asleep again for another 30-45 min, no long stretch. I finally give up by 6 and bring her in our room to feed. She promptly falls asleep after 5-10 min of nursing and will then sleep till 830-9 no problem but lying next to me.

hELp!!!

Our days follow the EASY with 30-60 min naps.

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 3 month old wakes every night at 3 then every hour after
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 19:58:48 pm »
How long is she awake between naps? My current thoughts are, it could be a GS. It could be routine related or a combination of not knowing how to get herself back to sleep. I see she has very little restorative sleep in the daytime, do you mind to write down what a typical day is like for her? Has she got a swaddle and white noise and blacked out room? If you don't mind to fill us in on these things, perhaps we can be more help. Are you wanting to get started with some more independent sleep ( your choice) or are you comfortable with co-sleeping ( a lot of Moms do this in the early days) or some sort of AP until LO is older? Hang in there!

Maryn

[/url]

Offline ncbs29

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 20:17:40 pm »
Hi- so she isn't waking every hour anymore but now my issues are napping And falling asleep without rocking.
Here is her current schedule:
730- awake, feed, play
8:40/9- sleep in car seat while bringing my older daughter to school
10- awake, activity
1030-eat
11-activity
1230-1- sleep, swaddled in crib with white noise- only sleeps 30-45
2-eat
230- activity
330-4- sleep in swing, car seat, or on me
530-eat
6- activity
615-7 - sleep or just sitting in swing
7- bath
730-8-eat
8-8:30- sleep
2-3 am- eat

I really want to extend her naps and try to get her to fall asleep on her own

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 12:56:32 pm »
Hi again, sorry for the absence. :( Baring in mind that a that a typical A time for this age is 1.5 hours I would watch, to the best that   you can with another LO, that her A times are not too long especially after those short naps. If he has a short nap, you might bring it back to 1 hour10. If you are ready to start teaching independent sleep, then I would have a look here. With an eye on appropriate routine. Have a look here:http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=451.0 . I would start with one nap per day  and see how you go. This is the PRIME time for lousy naps, so cut yourself some slack and let us know if you need help!               

Maryn

[/url]