Author Topic: 8.5mo old 4hr A time?  (Read 940 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
8.5mo old 4hr A time?
« on: October 21, 2014, 16:19:44 pm »
I'm wondering if I am keeping my 8.5mo old up too long? His second nap is always 45min after which he is cranky and needy.
His current schedule is this:

6am WU + BF
7am Solids
10am S (2hrs- I wake him- he can sleep for 2.5hrs if I let him)
Noon 8oz Formula
1pm Solids
4pm S (45min- wakes up crying and cranky)
4:45pm 8oz Formula
5:30 Solids
7pm 8oz Formula
7:30/8pm BT

I had just bumped up his A time to 3.45min but started doing 4h as we were out and about frequently. He seemed to be ok and will fall asleep super fast at nap time and bedtime. After his second nap, however, he's cranky and fussy until he's had his milk and solids. Then, he's a happy baby again.
Is there anything I can do to get him to sleep in to 7am? He use to do that all the time but recently changed to 6am. Therefore, I'm trying to keep him up a tad later (BT 7:30). So far, no luck.
And what about extending his second nap? Aren't babies suppose to take long afternoon naps instead of the morning?

Sorry for all the questions. :)

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 8.5mo old 4hr A time?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:30:59 am »
After his second nap, however, he's cranky and fussy until he's had his milk and solids. Then, he's a happy baby again.

A times look good. I wonder if he needs a snack before this nap? 3hours and 45 minutes since lunch might be a bit much?

When he wakes at 6AM have you tried just feeding him and laying him back down in the dark with no talking or anything? Does he have any NFs? It could be that lovely 2 hour nap, I would surely cap it at 2 hours in the interest of him not waking any earlier.

Neither of my 2 ever got the memo about long PM naps! It could be the very beginnings of the 2-1 transition here and as morning naps move forward and PM nap gets shorter that should even things up nicely.

Maryn

[/url]