Author Topic: 10.5 month old EW and refusing to nap in the afternoon  (Read 921 times)

Offline laucon

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10.5 month old EW and refusing to nap in the afternoon
« on: October 24, 2014, 14:20:59 pm »
Hi all, my LO is 10.5 mths and habitually wakes at 5:30, some morning earlier, he will BF then go back to sleep for short nap and wakes at 6:20 ish. He will then be ready for am Nap by 8:30 and naps up to 2 hours.  When I try to put him down for his afternoon nap  around 2 pm he outright refuses it. He will just about asleep when he goes into crib but wakes and cries for entire time. I try going I. And out of room and intervals and hand on him, nothing works.

5:30 ew, feeds
6:20 awake again and up for the da7:30 solids
9:00 10:30/11   nap
11 BF
12 solids
2 pm try for nap until 3 pm
6:30-7 goes to sleep for the night

Do you think his EW is from being OT? I don't think he ready for 2-1 nap, because he is tired when I put him down but resists after I leave him.  Not sure where to go from here. The time change is coming and I know the EW will be 4:30 soon.
Any advice, thank you!!

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 10.5 month old EW and refusing to nap in the afternoon
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 19:10:34 pm »
I would jump that first A time up to 4 hours, even if it takes massive distraction, hold it there for a week and see what you get. That is a big and early nap and he has no reason to sleep later when he knows he can do that! I would do PM A at at least 3.5 A too.  If afternoon nap is 45 minutes or so then I wouldn't worry about it. Many LOS have one big and one little nap at this age. HTH!

Maryn

[/url]

Offline laucon

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 10.5 month old EW and refusing to nap in the afternoon
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 16:32:52 pm »
I'll give it a try! He is just so cranky by 9 am, but we can try anything at this point! Thanks for your advice, I'll post how it goes :)